Chapter 13

I feel like we have been driving for months. After the whole tree indecent, I went to back to the car with them without a fight.

"My giraffe went to my house one day! House one day! House one day! He ate all my bananas! My bananas! My bananas! And I had a cow"
he sings over and over until my ears feel like their about to fall off.

He hasn't shut up the whole ride. I can Tara's past her breaking point by the look on her face.
Her dark hair is pushed in a messy bun. Her hazel eyes are bloodshot, and she has dark bags under her eyes. Her face is pale as if she hasn't slept for days.
I bet she hasn't; we have been on the road almost non stop for days now. I think I'm the only one who slept any. The others look like they're about to pass out.
The only person who doesn't look like their about to pass out is Brody. His blue eyes are awake as they have ever been. I don't understand because I know he hasn't sleep for days like the rest of them.

"Guys I think I'm going to go to sleep" Andy says groggily.

"Sweat dreams cupcake" Brody reply. He gives people the strangest nicknames.

"I'm sorry if the message wasn't clear at first, but Brody shut your fat mouth" She yells the last one. I can tell she didn't really mean it, but she's to tired to care.

"Looks like someone's a little grumpy" Brody taunts.

Andy ignores him and leans her head on my shoulder. I feel my muscles become tense. I don't really now to react.

"Relax its just my head" Andy says.

I feel my face redden. I try to relax, but it doesn't work very well.
She takes grabs my arm. Her small fingers guiding me around wait. She drops my hand and cuddle up into my shoulder even more.
I look down at her. Her eyes are close, and she has a faint smile on her face. Her legs are pushed up against Tara who doesn't seem to care. Her warmth makes me feel like I can forget everything. I wonder if I can forget the past with her help. I think I could stay with these people for a while.
I figure out why they took me to begin with, and I'll be okay with whatever there reason. I can forget about my hateful mother, my pitiful father who always wanted to do something, but never could, and mainly I could forget Cora.
I guess I'll start now.
I look over to Brody who seems almost jealous by the fact Andy's snuggled against me.
I don't want to make him mad, but I don't want to let go of Andy ether. I don't want to wake her.
I also like her warm body pushed against me. I wish I didn't because I know Mara would be angry with me.
I have to go back to her sometime, and I know it's impossible to love her. I lay my head against the window.
I feel the familiar vibration of the car rush through me.
I close my eyes. I feel Andy's breathing start to slow, and I match her breaths until sleep overtakes me.

----------------------------------------------
"Hey princess we're here" Brody shouts into my ear.

I jump and smack my head on the window. I wonder how many more times I'll wake up in a painful way. I stare and see Andy rubbing sleep from her eyes. He must of woke her up too.
My arm is still wrapped around Andy wast. I quickly pull it back. What was I thinking she's an Exile.
I still need to get out of here. I look outside and see a wooden log house. I grab the handle opening the car door.
I step out and stand in amazement for a while. There is a huge body of water the starches for a while. I can see a bay on the other side, but it's almost to far to see.
The is a wooden path way leading into the body of water, but it somehow floats in the water.
It seems like such a unless item. The water sparkles in the sun light making it look the shinning stars.

"I forgot princess has never seen a lake before" Brody says walking up behind me.

"A lake" I ask.