"Really?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, said that you become even more attractive this year and since you're single now, they're competing to be with you," Zoia explained.

Harry suddenly felt the kitchen grow hot and his cheeks turned into a shade of a tomato. All he could think about is, 'does Zoia think he's more attractive as well this year?' Then he remembered what he's been wanting to tell her after his realization.

"H-hey Zo, I want to say something," he stammered. He felt his palms grow sweaty and his heart started to beat rapidly.

"What?" she looked at him.

"I'm so grateful Snape put you to tutor me because I really can't imagine my life not knowing you," he nervously chuckled. "You're amazing, bloody brilliant and there's so many things I want to say to you but I just want to say I-"

Suddenly the kitchen portrait bursted opened and Harry saw the person he least wanted to see entered the kitchen.

"Tony!" Zoia beamed and shifted her gaze to Anthony.

"Hey Zoi!" he made his way to her.

"Guess what I tried," Zoia showed him her ice cream.

"Is that cookie dough ice cream?" he asked while grinning.

"Yes! Now I understand why it's your favorite, it's bloody amazing!" Zoia beamed.

Harry felt his heart drop. Zoia agreed to go to the kitchen with him because she wanted to try Anthony Rickett's favorite ice cream flavor.

"Oh Tony, I know you know Harry but I don't think you guys have properly met, well Harry this is Anthony, Anthony this is Harry," Zoia introduced the two boys to each other.

"Anthony," said the Hufflepuff boy as he offered his hand for Harry to shake.

"Harry," the Gryffindor boy forced a smile and shook his hand anyway.

"Oh sorry Harry, what was it you wanted to tell me again?" Zoia asked Harry.

"Oh, it doesn't matter — nothing important," he smiled at her. Subconsciously, he started to fiddle with his bracelet under his robe.

"Oh okay then," said Zoia.

Anthony then whispered something to Zoia which made Zoia widened her eyes and looked at Anthony in sudden realization.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Harry I forgot I have to do — something," said Zoia apologetically to the Potter boy.

By the expression of the two, especially Anthony, Harry could guess they're supposed to hang out tonight.

"Oh it's alright," Harry smiled at the two. "I'll see you both tomorrow."

He got off the counter and waved them goodbye.

Throughout his walk back to his dorm he felt an unpleasant swirl inside of him and anger that wanted to burst out. What bothers him even more is how Zoia's eyes light up when she saw stupid Anthony Rickett entered the kitchen.

He couldn't shake off this feeling no matter how hard he tried to. He clenched his fists to control his emotions.

When he entered his common room, it wasn't empty but wasn't crowded as well. He then saw Hermione, Ginny and Ron talking on the sofa.

"Hey Harry, how's-"

"Fuck off," he hissed and walked to his dorm right away.

The three frowned at him and eyed each other.

"He cut me off!" Ron frowned.

"Isn't he supposed to be happy that he just hung out with Zoia," Ginny scoffed.

"Maybe it didn't go well," said Hermione.

"What didn't go well?" asked Ginny curiously.

Hermione eyed Ron to answer the question.

"Fine, well er- Harry wanted to tell Zoia how he feels," Ron answered.

"That he fancies her?" Ginny asked again.

Ron nodded at her question.

"Took him long enough to acknowledge that," Ginny scoffed.

"Give that boy a break Gin, he was confused!" Ron defended his best friend.

"Doesn't give him the right to hurt other people!" Ginny retorted.

"I know that, all I'm saying is just give him a break, don't make snarky remarks at him every chance you get," said Ron.

"Whatever," Ginny rolled her eyes. "And of course it didn't go well for Harry, Zoia fancies Anthony Rickett, that fine bloke from her house."

"She fancies him?" Ron frowned.

"Yes, why Ron? At least he's good looking unlike you," said Ginny.

"Oh fuck off," Ron hissed.

"Well, why don't you check up on Harry," Hermione suggested, breaking up the siblings' banter.

"Yeah, great idea," said Ron as he stood up from the sofa.

"But Ron, don't tell Harry Zoia fancies Anthony yet, let him explain what happened first," said Hermione.

"Honestly, tell him, let him cry," Ginny chuckled, which received a nudge in the rib from Hermione.

Ron did what he was told to and went to his dorm to check up on Harry. When he entered he saw Harry laying down across his bed, still in his dress robe.

Ron approached him and sat on his bed.

"You alright?" Ron asked.

"Fine as I can be," Harry answered.

"What happened? So did you-"

"She fancies that bloke, Anthony," Harry simply answered, still looking at the ceiling of his bed.

"Oh," said Ron.

"She doesn't have to tell me, it's bloody obvious," Harry added. "Don't even get me started with Rickett, he drooled over her like a dog — ugly dog."

"Sorry, mate."

"Don't worry about it," said Harry.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ ✎ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ ♡! ]

The parallel 😎

WELL, ILY AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!!! <3