eighteen

-------------------------------------------------------------

while drinking your coffee you were watching the programs working in your new apartment. seeing if they work as well as people said. feeling a hand on your shoulder you turn around. seeing beidou smiling at you. 

"good morning y/n. how are you?" beidou asked, leaning back on the wall beside looking at you while taking a sip of her coffee. 

"i'm doing well, how about you?" 

"i'm doing alright, what are you looking at?" beidou asked while taking her eyes off of you to look at what you're looking at. "oh, the program you added last week."

"mhm," you said looking at beidou. "people had some good news about it so i wanted to test it. seems like they were right." beidou nodded. she looked over at the person walking over.

"hello my lovelies, how are my favourites doing today?" kaeya came up to the both of you. beidou greeted him quickly, as you were still distracted by the programming, or your own thoughts. "are they alright?"

beidou nodded. kaeya poked your arm, looking at you. you looked over at him, noticing kaeya was there. "oh, sorry. i was distracted." kaeya chuckled. "how are you?"

"i'm alright, thank you for asking," kaeya said leaning back on the wall beside. "what were you staring at?" before answering him you were finally aware you were surrounded by two people leaning on the wall. having a crisis of why this was happening you snap back and answer kaeya's question.

"i was just monitoring the program i put in." kaeya nodded as you took a sip of your coffee. beidou leaned forward, as she was fixing up her outfit she spoke up.

"well, i have to go now. i'm pretty busy." you looked towards her. "yes, on a weekend y/n." beidou chuckled as she read your mind. 

"how- um, have a great day." you told beidou as she walked away. kaeya took a deep sigh. "what's wrong?"

"the race." kaeya said while looking at you. "i'm nervous.."

"why?" you said as the both of you were walking towards the elevators. "you're really good at racing, i wouldn't be nervous if i had your skill. 

"you really don't know?" you shook your head at kaeya's comment. "the people that are below are racing against each other to get a higher spot. so that means that people of high skill will be watching your every move." 

as you pressed the button, you gulped. "great, now i'm scared.." kaeya chuckled.

"it's normal, don't worry." kaeya patted your back. "i'm sure you're gonna do well. see you then." he said, as he walked towards his apartment.