Encounter with Trouble

Start from the beginning

"We can save water again." Loki offered.

Rose laughed. "No need of that Frosty. Use your own bathroom."

Loki pouted again but didn't argue anymore. Sending a wink to Rose he teleported away to his room. Rose sighed, chuckling. "You're impossible Loki."

▼△▼△▼ △▼△▼△ ▼△▼△▼

"Snow." Was all that Rose muttered when she saw the mare in front of her.
"I beg your pardon?" Loki asked as he couldn't hear what she just said.

"Snow. I'll name her Snow." Rose said, facing Loki with twinkling eyes and then again looked back at the mare. She was indeed a beauty with spotless white coat and long wavy mane. So long that it reached her knees. And she had big electric blue eyes with that long long lashes.

Rose personally didn't like the colour white, symbolising purity and innocence. According to Rose, she was far far away from those words. The colour white seems to mock her conscience and that's why she finds solace in dark colours especially black.

But seeing the mare that Thor and Loki had brought for her, she felt an instant liking towards the snowy white horse. It was the first time that she loved something so white.

Loki nodded. "Nice name. Now go ahead and pat her." He said, nudging Rose's back and urging her to step forward. Rose did as she was told and walked towards the mare with slow measured steps and a friendly smile. Snow leaned her head down and sniffed and huffed at Rose, blowing away her hair locks from her face. Rose laughed and rubbed Snow's forehead.

Loki stared at his girlfriend who was caressing the mare's mane and head, with a soft smile. "She looks more beautiful when smiling." He whispered to himself. "May the Norns bless her with all the happiness of the world." He sighed. "I'm ready to pay anything just to see her smile... anything."

"Hey brotha!" Thor jogged near him and clapped Loki's back hard almost making him topple down on the grass.
"Thor!" Loki grunted. "Don't hit me like this."

"But I didn't hit you my dear brother. It's my way to show my love for you." Thor grinned cheesily and Loki huffed.

"Did she like it?" He asked staring at Rose who was now glowing golden and talking to the mare. Loki nodded. "It seems so. Well done brother." He patted Thor's back, appreciating him.

"Oh it's nothing Loki... And umm.." he trailed off looking at nothing at a distance. Loki frowned and turned his head to face his brother.
"What is it?" He asked knowing very well that Thor had some important news. Thor looked down. "I don't wish to ruin your mood and maybe I'll talk to you-"
"Thor. What is it?" Loki said with such a strict tone that Thor sighed before spilling out.

"Neith is back."

For a moment, Loki felt his head whirl and his body giving out all the warmth from his body. The matter he dreaded the most had finally decided to grace her presence in his rebuilding life. He should have known that inspite of how much he tried to ignore that woman, someday he had to face her again.

When will I finally be at peace?

"When?"
"Last night. The trip from Vanaheim to Asgard tired her out so she couldn't meet father yesterday. But she would be joining us for... dinner."

Loki closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "Inform mother of my absence during tonight's dinner."

Thor huffed. "What about Rose? She won't attend dinner without you and you know that very well."

"Then she can stay by my side and we can have our dinner in our room peacefully."

"Loki." Thor grabbed his shoulders and turned him around to face him. "For how long will you try to avoid her? As much I know, she isn't leaving Asgard so soon. I'm damn sure that she is staying here till New Moon year. So tell me brother, how long will you sneak past that woman?" But Thor got just silence in return.