The First Meeting - Chapter 1

"Thank you all for coming to meet me here today."

Mizuki's bright amber eyes darted around the room, nodding at each of her companions. It was from today their new afterlife would begin.

Sitting comfortably in her chair, she smiled sinisterly. "Now that you will be sworn in as Mysteries soon, we should decide who to spread the rumor of first. Any suggestions?"

In front of the soon-to-be Mystery No. 7 laid the rest of her companions, each sat in front of her around the table as if they were an audience. Maybe except the little girl sitting on her shoulders. And the girl at the piano. Even so, it was obvious to tell who was in power.

A young girl dressed in a pink yukata raised her scarred fingers from brushing Mizuko's dark brown hair. The youth's eyes sparkled despite her bland expression, showing a spark of idea. "Maybe you could show yourself first, Honorable No. 7. Shouldn't the leader be introduced first?" Her child-like voice echoed through the vast, blue-tinted room.

"Well, maybe the oldest should be released," countered a teenager shuffling his trading cards. "It's not fair if the younger ones go out first, is it? They'll make a mess of everything and ruin our plan." He laid back on the throne, running a hand through his dark, messy hair.

A choppy-haired ten year old clutching a worn teddy bear climbed on top of him, backhanding the teenager with astonishing strength. "Idiot! We are technically older than you, dummy!" The little boy pouted.

Another girl stopped pouring the fragrant tea out into the cups. Through the mask she wore came words of quiet yet demanding scolding. "Akahiro-kun! As much as I know you like hitting Kaito-kun, you can't keep doing that."

Akahiro, the little boy, frowned. "But he was being mean, Mei-neesan. Suzuki-kun just doesn't understand that Fujiwara-san and I are older than him in real-time!"

A soft brown-haired boy adjusted his spectacles as he looked up from the laptop screen. He seemed like a typical nerd. Unsurprisingly, he is one. "Now that, I have to hand over to Akahiro-kun because he is, in fact, correct for once."

Akahiro pretended to bow with a mocking tone. "Thank you, Murakami-kun." he says as he sticks his tongue out momentarily before turning to the girl next to him. "And Yumi, as an elder yourself, you know how important it is to let elders do things first."

Yumi bowed her head obediently, elegantly holding the teacup close to her lips. "Gomen, Akahiro-kun."

The music flowing from the piano stopped abruptly as the girl playing it lifted her hands off the keys with frustration. "Honestly, if you all are going to fight about your ages, I would really appreciate it if you would kindly move to another boundary," the girl spat.

Akahiro smiled sheepishly. "Gomenasai, Kazume-san." He smiled at Yumi. "It's okay. For the record, I am Mizuko's great-great-great granduncle. But," the little boy beamed happily, for once acting like the ten year old he looked like, "I'm more than happy to go first!"

Mizuki smiled softly with appreciation. "Thank you, oji-san."

"Just call me Akahiro-kun, I don't like the feeling of being old." The young boy rubbed the back of his head, showing his teeth as he smiled.

"Okay then. Is everyone okay with sending out Akahiro first?" Mizuki shifted back to her serious tone, making the rest go silent and focus on her words.

Only the waving water was heard as everyone raised their hands in agreement.

"Perfect." She turned to look up at the sky through the rippling waters, the bright moon shining through the glass walls casting an unearthly glow into her chambers.

Her eyes reflected those rays of moonlight sitting on the water's surface. In those eyes reflected only one thing: vengeance.

"Amane, Tsukasa. You should be happy that..."

Mizuki smiled sweetly in her own satisfaction.

"Your sister has returned."

Kaito smirked in pain, his face bruised slightly. "From the dead."

Akahiro kicked him. "That was so uncalled for! Way to go to ruin the mood," The boy quietly scolds him.

"Shut up, you small warugaki."

Regardless of the cruel comeback, the little boy smirked mischievously.

!EXTRA!

-

???: I see,

Mystery No. 1 will make his entrance tomorrow.

I'll make sure the rumor spreads quickly.