"Okay, mister...berkovitz." She read off the card.

"Look, uh, we can finish this up later." The cop said to Sam as he walked to them.

"No, no, it's okay. We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood, and our windows were rolled down. We heard some screaming when we drive past the house, and we stopped, ran in." Sam explained.

"And found the kids in the basement." The cop finished.

"Yeah."

"Well, thank god you did."

Sams looked back as he heard a door open.

"Excuse me." He said to the officers then went to the doctor who came out.

"Hey, doc, is he—"

"He's resting." The doctor said.

"And?" Sam asked.

"The electrocution triggered a heart attack— pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart— it's damaged." The doctor explained.

"How damaged?" Sam asked him.

"We've done all we can. We can try and keep him comfortable at this point, but I'd give him a couple weeks at most, maybe a month."

"No, no, there's...got to be something you can do, some kind of treatment." Sam said.

"We can't work miracles. I really am sorry."

Sam nodded then walked past the doctor. He went into deans room where he was flipping through channels and Alison was sitting in a chair by the window.

"You ever actually watch daytime tv?" Dean asked his brother. "It's terrible."

Sam exhaled sharply.

"I talked to your doctor." He said.

"That fabric softener teddy bear— ooh. I want to hunt that little bitch down."

"Dean." Sam said.

"Yeah?" Dean turned off the tv. "Right, well...looks like you two are gonna leave town without me." He said.

"What are you talking about? We're not gonna leave you here." Sam told him.

"You better take care of my kid and that car. I swear I'll haunt your ass." Dean said.

"I don't think that's funny." Sam said.

"Oh, come on, it's a little funny, ain't it Bubba?" Dean turned to looked at Alison.

She ignored him and kept her eyes out the window.

"Ali." He said, she hesitantly looked over at him. "Come here." He held his arms out to her like a little kid.

She sighed, she got up then went beside his bed, she waited until Dean said it was okay for her to climb up beside him.

She laid her head gently on his shoulder, afraid if she made one mistake she would break him.

"Look, Sammy, what can I say, man? It's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's it, end of story." Dean said.

"Don't talk like that, all right? We still have options." Sam stated.

"What options? You for burial or cremation. I know it's not easy, but...I'm gonna die." Alison eyes watered "And you can't stop it." Dean finished.

"Watch me." Sam said. "Come on, Ali."

Alison held her arms out and Sam walked sober and picked her up, then they left.

~~~

"Hey, dad, it's Sam. Uh...you probably won't even get this, but, uh, it's Dean. He's sick and, uh...the doctor says there's nothing they can do." Sam said on the phone. "Um...but, uh, they don't know the things we know, right? Um...so don't worry, 'cause I'm, uh, gonna do whatever it takes to get him better. All right. Just wanted you to know." Sam hung up and dropped his phone onto the bed.

Alison looked up as there was a knock on the door. Sam got up and made his way over to the door, he opened it revealing Dean.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sam questioned him.

"I checked myself out." Dean slipped into the room.

"Are you crazy?" Sam asked him.

"I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot." Dean stated.

Sam chuckled and closed the door.

"You know, this whole I laugh in the face of death thing— it's crap. I can see right through it." Sam told him.

"Yeah, whatever, Dude." Dean turned and furrowed his brows when he saw his daughter.

"Have you two even slept? You both look worse than me." He said.

"I've been scouring the internet for the last three days. Alison, she—" Sam cut himself off with a sigh.

"She what?" Dean questioned.

"I don't even remember the last time she ate, she has a sandwich over there that she won't even touch." Sam finished.

Dean gave Alison a look as he sat down next to her.

"Alison, you're gotta eat." He told her.

"Why do I have to wisten to you? You're not even gonna be here." Alison stated.

"Because in the meantime, I am here. Now don't make me force feed you." Dean said.

Alison rolled her eyes. Honestly, she was just scared to lose Dean. She huffed as she grabbed the plate with the sandwich on it, and took a bite out of it.

"I've been calling every contact in dads journal." Sam said.

"For what?" Dean asked him.

"For a way to help you. One of dads friends, Joshua, he called me back, told me about a guy in Nebraska— a specialist." Sam told him.

"You're not gonna let me die in peace, are you?" Dean questioned.

"I'm not gonna let you die, period. We're going." Sam stated.

Dean sighed.

Thank you so much for reading!