Chapter 6

It has been close to a year since Athanasia, maids, and workers had left the ruby palace. Acacia and I had been surviving to the best of our abilities. It’s not the same as our past life, in our past life it was easy to grab food or money. But we are not able to leave the palace or even steal food from the kitchen anymore. 

So, we went out to the small forest to look for berries, mushrooms, fish, herbs, bunnies, foxes, etc. Luckily, I learn how to remove fur and cook meat. Acacia’s job is to make traps for animals while I cook. 

Right now, Acacia is fishing some fishes from a lake while I cook. I carefully use a sharp rock to slice open the fish to get its guts out. 

“Aster, why don’t we run away? We can steal some gold from the Emerald palace and wear see-through clothes to hide our eyes. No one will come to get us or notice that we exist…” 

“... Okay, we can travel around the world when we grow up. Right now, we are only six years old. So I don’t think adults will believe a couple of six years old on how we own gold.” 

While I was cooking some fish, I heard her giggle. It would be nice to travel, but first is to survive in the Rudy palace and when we turn 17 or 18 we can run away. 

From afar, I heard big splashes from the lake. I turned around and noticed her struggling to lift the rod. I went to her side to help her out. The rod in our hands was slowly slipping away; the fish was too strong. As I was about to say let go, a bigger splash was made. We both got drench with water and look up above the lake. 

There was a small boy about our height, having long black hair, ruby blood eyes, wearing black clothes, and what was more important was holding our fish that we struggle to have.

“Hey, that’s our fish!” We both yelled at this black hair boy. 

He seems familiar, but I ignore that thought. What is more important is food, and he has our fish. 

“Hmm~ No~” The mysterious boy said. He smiled as if this was enjoyment for him. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Hey, that’s our fish!” The two cute blonds yelled. 

Interesting. They cared more about the fish than asking how I’m flying. Aren’t they supposed to go? Wow! How are you flying, mister! Can you do more tricks, please! 

Ha, this is getting interesting. 

“Hmm~ No~” I reply to their demand. 

They started to pout. Then both looked at each other and began to whisper. 

I took this time to notice their appearance. Both do have royal blue eyes but are wearing raggy clothes. Both are fishing for food as I see a fire cooking some fishes. When I woke up, I went to the small palace close by from here, but it was empty and full of dust and dirt. Are they illegitimate children of the emperor or something? Looking at the dust and dirt, no one had clean the palace for some years. They were forgotten. Hmm… 

“Let’s make a deal, magician.” The blond boy said as they stood up with confidence. 

“So you knew I was a magician. Aren’t you children suppose to be excited or curious?” 

“But, your also a child?” The blond girl said with a confused face with wet hair.

…. “I only looked like a child because I look cuter than you two.” 

Both looked stunned with my answer but slowly nodded. 

W-what? 

“Yeah, he does look cuter than us.” The blonde boy reply looking at the girl. 

“Yep, especially with the long black hair and ruby eyes. Kind of reminds me of-” She stood quiet, not finishing her sentence. Reminds me of who? 

She grabs her brother’s shoulder and harshly whispers in his ear. Both stood quiet and started to blush from their neck to their forehead. Oh~ 

“Okay! Um, let’s make a deal, magician. If you share the big fish with us, we can cook it and share our food with you. Please, we rarely get food, and now we can have a feast if you share with us. Aren’t you hungry?” The young boy said as he tried to calm down his blush. 

...Interesting…. 

“Deal.” 

I flew down to the ground close to them; their blush never left their face. Cute…

Grinning, I brought the fish towards their fire and sat down. “So, shall we cook?” 

Both snapped out of their thoughts and walked towards me. I did a quick favor for them and use air to dry them up. We then started to cook the fish, about an hour later the food was done. 

I took a bite, and it’s good. A six-year-old can make a good fish from scratch; a royalty can cook. Huh, I’m surprised that they survive this far. Maybe I should stay for a while and see how this goes. At least this will be interesting.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lucas had been staying with us for a couple of months… Lucas… thy Lucas! 

I covered my face with my hands out of embarrassment; Aster and I had made a horrible first impression over a fish. But thankfully, he stayed. I was curious why he was here and not with Athanasia. I wonder how she’s doing. What part of her story is she in? Or could it be the months where time skipped? Sigh, we will never be able to meet father. If we do, we’ll probably die by his hands. He is only supposed to love Athanasia, and that’s it. I should stop hoping for a better future between family. The only family I need is my brother/ best friend. 

But if possible, would Aster and I be ready for his hugs or wanting to carry us? Or would we yell and be afraid of his hands? Would we even get rid of our fear for adults? Isn’t Lucas an adult? So how come we aren’t scared of him? Maybe it’s because he is in his child’s form and not his adult form. 

During the past few more months with Lucas. He always is around and moved in with us. Aster and I had been embarrassed and kept messing up in front of him in the beginning. But we got used to him being around. We still blush, but we were happy that there is someone with us. He also became our somewhat therapist when he found out what had happened in the Rudy Palace. He’ll make us sit down in front of him, and we’ll have long talks with chocolate. I didn’t ask where he got the chocolate, but we gladly ate it. 

He randomly appears sometimes with fruits or sweets. We never ask him where he has gotten it, but we always say thank you to him. I remember during our birthday, he made our favorite banana pudding. We couldn’t stop our tears from falling. No one ever cared enough to give us something special. 

All we remember from our past life during our birthdays are nothing. My mother died during a car crash. I was with her during the accident. I survive, and it was a miracle while my mother bleeds out to her death. My father never let me visit a therapist after the event. He kept blaming me for the accident. I was only five years old during the accident. Aster got beatings for his birthday while I get ignored for a month. When I get ignored, I usually go to Aster for some sort of attention or begging to father for somewhat communication. Being ignored is never fun for my thoughts to go wild. 

After that, Lucas got extra protective of us. He would give us hugs or cuddles for the lack of affection from anyone. He would sometimes suggest if he could kill some maids or our father. This comes from changing the topic or saying it’s okay and that they are not going to hurt us anymore. He never likes our answers and always pout cutely. 

Aster thought we should tell him about us remember our last life and what the future holds. Would that end well? The story is somewhat going as the storyline, but Lucas is with us. Would he fall in love with Athanasia and ignore us?.... I don’t like that idea. 

I told him to wait for more time. I wanted to see if everything will go as the storyline. And if it does, then we’ll flip a coin to decide. If not, then we will tell him the whole truth.