→ twenty-two

a smile danced across the brunette's face as her eyes drifted towards jeno

his side profile was absolutely stunning, brows slightly lowered as he concentrated on the road ahead. one hand was gripping the wheel firmly, the other resting against the edge of the open window. all hyerim could do was sit and shamelessly admire the boy beside her. how could she not?

jeno caught on too quickly, allowing his eyes to drift her way long enough to flash a small smile. hyerim watched intently as the boy pulled his elbow from the window to place it on the wheel, releasing the said wheel with the hand closer to her and let it sit on his thigh. the brunette glanced away with a smile when he wiggled his brow, hiding her blush by gazing out of her own open window.

the wind blew through, flipping her wavy hair around her face, but hyerim didn't mind. it'd been too long since her last peaceful drive (rip ms. lee's rose garden), and she couldn't stop smiling knowing that it was happening with her soulmate beside her.

wordlessly, the girl kept her eyes on the view to her right as she reached over and pulled jeno's empty hand off his thigh, filling it gently in her own soft hand.

a smile grew on the elder's face as he momentarily glanced down at his thigh, slowly intertwining their fingers and caressing her exposed skin with his thumb, careful not to accidentally touch the band-aids.

hyerim leaned her cheek against her closed fist, hoping the blush covering her face would fade quickly. she quietly hummed along to the old katy perry song on the radio, ignoring the tingles that danced up her arm every time jeno rubbed her hand.

it was too early for her to know if it was true or just the soulmate bond playing with her mind, but hyerim could really see herself with the blue-haired hockey player for a long time. the thought left her chest fluttering.

"you like this song?" jeno asked suddenly, causing the brunette to whip his way. his words weren't full of disgust or anything, just wonder. hyerim's lips formed a sly smile; he must have heard her humming.

"yeah, it's just been a really long time since i heard it. old katy perry was gold."

the boy smirked, a chuckle getting caught in his throat. "i never really listened to her..."

"well, who do you listen to, then?" jeno grinned before humming, eyes still trained on the road despite wanting to give her his full attention. "probably justin bieber and bruno mars for western artists. i like sm groups a lot,"

hyerim raised a fist and closed her eyes, "all hail shinee." and jeno repeated the words despite his laughter cutting through every word.