Puddles

A/N: Wow. Look at me! Updating twice in a row. This has a mood song(?) https://youtu.be/MnFOj6Khnfw . You can check it out if you want.

------------------------------

Rain was not uncommon in Bangkok. It almost seemed like the rain was trying to communicate with them with the slow and fast drops of water. The sound of the rain hitting the car's hood and windows, were harsh one moment, then soft the other. Pick kept humming the song playing on the car stereo, he had loved rain for the longest time. It was nice.

His mom usually had to drag his wet ass by ear into the house when he was a child. Though he loved rain, he got sick easily. So no more puddles after middle school, as the fevers got more intense. He missed it ever since, seeing his friends playing outside, while he sat on his bed, tired with his flu. As an adult, he grew more responsible and kept his fantasies at bay, he couldn't afford to fall sick. But every once in a while, he kept his window open, the one beside his bed, whenever it would rain. The cold wind would blow over his face, chilling him, causing goosebumps to bloom all over his arms. Some lone drops of rain would fall upon his neck and face and the coolness gave him the best dreams of his life. He would be dancing around in the water, sliding around, slipping and falling down, laughing and doing it all over again.

Rain was something Pick would never get tired of, the thunder and lightening too. The crooked twisted lines marring the sky, lighting up the entire neighbourhood. On days when he felt like he should be treated, he would maybe step onto his balcony, wind howling, deafening thunder and the occasional lighting up of the sky. He would hug himself, arms curling around his body, close his eyes and hum; hum along with the shaking trees.

"P'Pick." Oh, Pick almost forgot about the junior in the car. He turned to Rome and raised up an eyebrow.

"I've been calling you for the past few minutes. Where were you?" Rome's eyes were focused on the road, hand on the wheel. He took a peek at Pick and smiled gently. Then he slowed down the car, and parked it on the side of the highway, being careful as to not let the car skid on the wet asphalt.

Pick was confused as to why Rome stopped the car. The rain wasn't too much for them to not be able to go back home. He looked at Rome.

"Do you maybe want to step out for a bit?"

And the glint in Pick's eyes gave Rome his answer. But he still didn't move. "P'Pick?"

Pick hummed in answer. "Do you want to go out?"

While Pick was pondering his answer, Rome had already unbuckled his own seatbelt and leaned forward to unbuckle Pick's. He felt Pick's breath on his head and smiled. Undoing his belt, Rome leaned back and pressed his lips to Pick's for a slight moment, a peck. And then backed up.

"Let's go," he said with a smile. Opening his door, Rome stepped out into the rain. He walked over to Pick's side and opened his door. Pick was still there blinking. He realized that the more he waited, the more wet Rome got, standing there out in rain. Oh fuck it, he decided, if he got sick, he had Rome to nurse him back to heath. But what if Rome got sick to- "P'Pick? Are you coming?"

Pick hurried to get out of his seat, and the car. He stepped out and took a deep breath, with a hand on his head. Rome copied the same gesture. Pick just looked at Rome and started laughing. It was a laugh that shook his entire being and Rome was mezmerised at the sight. He had actually never witnessed Pick laughing in such an open manner and it just filled up his heart.

"Would you fancy a dance, kind Sire?" Rome extended a hand, along with the widest of grins adorning his face.

Pick just chuckled and went over to the car, turning up the volume, so the music reached them.

And right then, right there, Pick didn't care, he didn't care about his assignments, about his health, about the car seats getting wet. He just wanted to live in the moment for once, and not think about the future. He danced with Rome, till the song ended, and another began.

This man right here, I love him so damn much.