𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟗

Start from the beginning

"Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?" Murphy said as he pointed at a young blonde kid. "I just need some water, okay? Then I'll be fine." Conner said before Bellamy told Murphy to get him some water before turning to Kali and I. "Hey, you guys got this?" Bellamy asked us. Kali and I looked at each other and we went to help lift the log. "I'm just kidding." Bellamy said making me roll my eyes playfully and Kali smirk.

As I went back to work, I noticed a liquidating sound before I found out that Murphy was pissing on Conner. "What the hell is wrong with you, Murphy?" Conner asked once he realized and pushed Murphy. "You wanted a water break. Get back to work." Murphy said before I noticed Octavia walk out the camp with Jasper. My eyes narrowed in confusion but decided to let it go.

─────────────────────────────

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐀 tent with Bellamy, Clarke, Octavia, Jasper, Kit and Kali to find a drop ship made knife with Wells fingers on a sheet of cloth. "This knife was made of metal from the drop ship." Clarke said as she took the blade in her hand. "What do you mean?" Jasper asked looking at Clarke. "Who else knows about this?" Kit asked as he stood between Kali and Bellamy. "No one. We brought it straight here." Octavia answered with her hands leaning on the table.

"Clarke?" Jasper asked the blonde again. "It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." Clarke said as she shared a look with Bellamy. "So, there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asked though he knew the answer. "There's more than one murderer in the camp. This isn't exactly news." I said as I crossed my arms and placed my weight on one leg. "Right. We need to keep this quiet." Bellamy said agreeing with me.

Clarke nonetheless walked from behind me and Bellamy blocked her way. "Get out of my way, Bellamy." Clarke hissed as she lifted her head. "Be smart about this. Look at what we've accomplished, the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the grounders killed Wells is good for us." Bellamy said being smart as it is. "Oh, good for you, you mean. What- keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" Clarke asked making Bellamy agree.

"Yeah, that's it. But it's good for all of us. Fear of the grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do, just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know who's knife that is." Bellamy said trying to make reason. "Oh, really? J.M. John Murphy.-" Clarke said making me snap. "There's a lot of J.M.'s here. Not just Murphy." I cut off the blonde making her sigh and look at me. "The people have the right to know." Clarke said before she stepped out the tent. I sighed before we head out too.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it?" I heard Murphy ask Clarke when we head towards the main attention. "Where you drop it after you killed Wells." Clarke said as I watched from beside Octavia. "Where I what? The grounders killed Wells. Not me." Murphy said making an accusation. "I know what you did, and your gonna pay for it." Clarke said making me irritated. She didn't know anything.

"Really? Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" Murphy asked Bellamy who switched on his feet unsure what to do or say. "You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells." Clarke said when she knew damn well everyone hated Wells being his father. "Plenty of people hated Wells. His father was the Chancellor that locked us up!" Murphy said raising his voice after. "Yeah, but your the only one who got into a knife fight with him." Clarke said making reason, as she rose her voice too. "Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either." Murphy said.

"Tried to kill Kali and Jasper too." Oakleigh said on the left side of the circle that was formed around Clarke and Murphy. "What?" Both Kali and Jasper said. "Come on, this is ridiculous. I don't have to answer to you. I don't have to answer to anyone!" Murphy said as he walked around. "Come again?" Bellamy asked with his arms crossed. Murphy froze before he walked to Bellamy. "Bellamy, look, I'm telling you, man. I didn't do this." Murphy whispered, I looked at Bellamy for reason.

"They found his fingers on the ground with your knife." Bellamy said making me sigh in unbelief. "Is this the kind of society that we want? You say there should be no rules, does that mean we can kill each other without- without punishment?" Clarke asked looking around before ending towards Bellamy. "I already told you, I didn't kill anyone." Murphy said getting irritated with Clarke. Hell, I was too. before we all turned to Conner who said: "I say we float him!" Along with several other voice making me snap.

"That's not happening." I said stepping forward. I shook off Kit and Oakleigh's hands to pull me back. "Why not? He deserves float. It's Justice." Conner said making Clarke speak. "Revenge isn't Justice." Clarke said making me hide a scoff. She's the one who basically made this whole thing a scene. "It's Justice! Float him!" Conner had started a chant that caused all hell to break loose.

─────────────────────────────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄, 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄, 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐓.