chapter thirty three

Start from the beginning

"You can't what?" Evelyn replied so quietly that Steve wouldn't have heard had he been even a centimetre further away. He kept his eyes down, glued to the wet cotton hiding her chest from him.

"...I can't be away from you if we do this. I won't be able to tear myself away." It was dark and threatening and Eve didn't know how she was still alive.

"Yes." It was a ragged breath, her head foggy with his voice sending a shudder down her spine. If she wanted to leave, if she wanted to go right now, for him to never touch her again, he'd do it. No questions, no guilt. He'd get up and drive her home. She knew it. But the biggest problem she realised, was that she most definitely wanted him. "...Please." She didn't mean to say it, but she could see the black irises watching her beneath his hair and she could smell his cologne around her, kissing her skin like his mouth had.

There was a pause. He searched her face, as if waiting for this to be pulled from beneath him, but then all at once he hooked her fingers on the sodden material of her shirt and pulled it over her head. Eve hooked her fingers beneath her bra and undid it - her hesitation dissipating. It fell to her waist, her breasts bouncing slightly when they were freed, mercilessly heavy, and her stomach coiled when he let out a low, sharp grunt at the sight of her.

"Fuck." He spat it through a clenched jaw, his eyes widening. The light of the moon slid through his window, and leaning away from her it illuminated her perked nipples to him, and shadowed beneath her breasts, like she was a statue of art. His throat rumbled with a groan and he brushed his hands over them. Her name slipped out his mouth when she hissed at his touch, her back arching in to him. She felt him against her thigh when he kissed her this time, her mouth open to him, and between her legs began to throb. Her hands went again to his hair and she lifted herself to him, desperate to be closer.

She clawed at his waistband and Steve wrapped his arm around her back. Pulling her up against his chest, unable to bare being away from her, and pulled the duvet from below them. He moved it over them both, stealing a small part of the world that was entirely their own, and his hands fought with the clasp on his jeans. Eve did the same, the bare skin of their thighs finally touching. Without his jeans to contain him, his length hit her thigh and Eve made a noise. Unwillingly, her body lifted towards him and she felt a wicked smile against her mouth.

"Wait." His voice was a low taunt wrapping around her mouth, and she moaned against him, sucking his tongue in response. His humour left him, she felt his smile drop. His arm wrapped back around her, pulling her harshly against him and off the mattress. His knees forced her legs apart for him and his fingers went to where she realised she needed him most. They hooked her panties and slid beneath them, entering her, and she moaned against his mouth.

Steve began slowly but she was soaking against his fingers and he hissed into her mouth. He knew this was a test, it had to be, because he'd never done anything so heavenly in his life.

Senseless and gasping, she wrapped her armed around him and so he increased the pace. He could hear how ready she was for him and he groaned with her. She clung to him, lifting her hips in a desperate rhythm. He found the ability to smirk again. A cruel, wicked smile and again, she found a way to destroy it. To wipe the smile off his face until all he could think of was tasting his fingers and being inside of her.

"Please." She croaked and that's all he needed. His boxers fell to the floor and he pulled her panties down to her knees. His ears were roaring with the sound of his thundering heartbeat.

He could see how ready she was, the wetness sparkling in the moonlight and he groaned before he'd even touched her. Eve waited, wide-eyed and silent at the size of him. She gulped, searching his face to make sure, one final time, he wanted her as much as she wanted him. He did. His fingers cupped her cheek again and he kissed her, swallowing the moan that tumbled out of her when he stilled at her entrance and pushed inside in one tauntingly slow thrust.

She wasn't sure how something or someone could feel so ridiculously perfect. When he was all the way inside her, her back arching off the mattress and against him, her breasts pushing against his chest and her hands in his hair, she wrapped her legs around him until her ankles hooked together. He grunted into her, his breath stuttering from her quiet moans against him. She mumbled his name, desperately, and it sent him in to a harsh thrust he couldn't control. He kept his rhythm steady and Eve matched her hips to his.

His head fell against her throat, his tongue swirling at at spot on her collarbone that made her squirm. He sucked the skin there before ducking his head to latch his mouth on to her nibbles, licking and sucking at the sensitive flesh that made her moans god-like and so much louder.

Steve felt dizzy, his rhythm getting sloppy. She was so warm and addictive and it was Evelyn, he couldn't think straight. All he knew of was him and her and that they were together like this.

She said his name again, her voice hitching, and he knew from the way she clenched around him and how good it felt, that they were both near their end.

"So good." He muttered against her, at the base of her neck beside her ear and there was that desperate whimper again. His chest rumbled with a suppressed groan against her stomach. Eve let her head fall back and he brought a hand up to her breast to squeeze the skin while he kissed her. "Shit."

Eve lifted her hips faster, all they could here was the deafening thump, thump, thump, of him thrusting in to her. Her eyes rolled in to her head and her nails scratched his shoulders. Steve grinned and whispered her name. His own release building so fast at the sight of hers. Of the sight of her and him finally connected. She whimpered again, but at a much higher, unbearable pitch and squeezed her eyes shut as she said his name again and again, and again.

Steve practically roared when he finished inside of her, and stayed there for a moment, his hands on her hips and breast, just marvelling that it had all actually happened. Breathless, Steve lay next to her, and pulled the blankets around them. He hugged her tightly to his chest, still thinking she may disappear.

They didn't know what to say, so they didn't say anything at all. But they grinned at each other, practically beaming, and Eve nuzzled in to his side glowing like a shooting star that he'd been lucky enough to capture.

When Eve slept, she did not have a nightmare.