A Spirit Ride

I am now sixteen!

"I'm so sick of finding your horse drawings everywhere" Mr. Brice yelled. I shook in my desk, I had done all my work! Finished all my tests! I had all A's! WHY IS HE GETTING MAD AT ME FOR DRAWING SPIRIT?

I am getting tired of school. No one but my three friends, Macy, Peter, and Jessica will talk to me. I am so  sick of this! So what, Mya Hoppscrotcher is cute, prissy, and expinsive, WHY DO I CARE?

Oh well, on the bus ride home, I see the grey clouds forming. Spirit hates storms!

When the bus pulled into the drive of our ranch, I jumped out and raced for the barn, forcing back unneeded tears. I grabbed Spirit's reighns and saddle. Then dropped them, I like bareback riding better anyway!

"Janie, are you in there?" my father called, I busted through the barn door, holding two chunks of Spirit's black mane in my hands. "Janie" he yelled after me. Just as the rain started pouring down. Spirit stopped, I kicked his side's twice "Come on Spirit" I said. "Come on boy" I tried, he wouldn't budge, paw caught up to me, I was crying. He pulled me down, his clothes soaked.

"It's Okay Janie, Come on you know what I always say" he whispered hugging me "Cowgirls don't cry" I choked. He nodded, do you think he's right?

I hugged his neck. Drying my tears. "Now, what happened?" he asked, draping a towel around his neck. wrapping me in a blanket, Marian was cooking dinner in the kitchen, smells delicious. "I had finished all of my work, everything was turned in, I was the first one done, I have all A's, so I started drawing Spirit" I started. "Go on" Paw said.

"Mr. Brice, yelled at me like I was a peice of trash, like I never did anything right, like I was the wretch of the world, but I had only drawn three pictures!" I said, "Now that ain't a reason for him to yell at you" Marian said rubbing my shoulders, "Thanks mum" I said, I called her mum, because I needed a mom to feel good.

I nodded, then I had the slightest hit of adventure. "Can I take Spirit out later, after it stops raining?" I asked, Paw thought a second, "he isn't exactly the right size for you honey, but yes I guess you could, as long as Marian rides Rhinestone with you" Paw said, I smiled "thats fine with me" Marian said, "Thanks" I said.

I ran up to my room, and in my head, I sang a song. To me and you and through and through, I love you forever. I don't know where I got that line from, but I love it! And I love the fact that I am me!

(After the rain stopped)

Marian and Rhinestone weree setting up, and I was brushing out Spirit's mane, "you know, some day, you and Spirit could win a race, just like me and Rhinestone did" Marian said, "Maybe" I smiled and we rode off, starting our adventure.