Prologue Twinged Passion

PROLOGUE

As soon as the plane landed I immediately climbed off board to meet the brisk welcoming breeze. After a few moments I went home.

Today is my best friend's birthday and she doesn't know that I came home. I've been studying in japan and went home today to surprise Kajie and everyone else. Kajie thought I wouldn't be able to attend her birthday just like what I've said when we were on a phone call. I did that on purpose because knowing her, she ostensibly loves surprises. Besides that I've planned to confess my feeling's towards Kajie and ask her out.

As soon as I came home, people in the house were startled and dumbfounded as I sneakily slipped myself in and delightfully yelled “Surprise!”

They were indeed surprised and gratifying expression plastered on thier faces. Their faces glowed as I gave them a grin, which also made them stroll thieselves towards my way with arms wide open.

“Welcome back.” They all gleefully greeted as they reached my spot and gave a tight group hug.

“Now this is home sweet home.” I blissfully spoke which made my tears started to escape.

“We miss you.” They all uttered in unison.

“Damn I miss y'all so much too.” I whispered enough for everyone to hear.

“We thought you can't come home?” My mom labored out a question as they all started to release me from their warm hug.

“Yeah right.” I heard my youngest sister mutter

“You should have told us so we could have picked you up from the airport.” Dad implied.

“We could have prepared you food.” My elder sister asserted.

“Oh c'mon guys would it still be a surprise if he told us?” My brother slipped in the conversation which made the house flood in our laughs.

“Kuya you came home to fullfil your promise to ate Kajie right?” My elder sister teasingly spoke in a sudden.

“You're planning to confess aren't you?” My brother added, which made them give me a taunting look waiting for my response.

I tried to crease and pucker my lips but I couldn't hold it for long anymore. I scratched my nape as I slowly nodded as confirmation and gave them a sheer smile which caused them to shriek aloud and jump off together in excitement, as if they were chased by tingles, electrified as soon it reached in to touch them through thier veins. I chuckled while my gaze was stuck with them who happened to be as if caught by shivers on thier spine that cause them to wriggle and jiggle.

The consolidate of thier joyous voice were like harmony and the sweetest melody to my ears. I haven't heard and witness this kinds of scene for a long time and I missed this so much.

“So what are we all waiting for? Chop chop time is ticking, better go ahead and prepare your selves so we can shake of our booties off the party.” A feverish voice was sensed on my mother's voice as she spoke in a sudden. Once again laughs filled all over the house before we all started to move and went inside our rooms to prepare.

After I dressed and fixed myself with a tuxedo, I grabbed a tiny box of a necklace and placed it inside my suit. My phone caught my attention as the screen flashed on and there were some kind of indecipherable feeling at the back of my head was pushing me to roam around through my emails. My eyes squinted at first as I saw something unusual. My forehead scrunched as I opened the email to see pictures of Kajie smooching with a different man. There were also sweet photos of them on different places, surely they were dating. I checked the date and saw that it was from three months ago.

My brows furrowed and my eyes started to heat when I opened another email containing them making out. I felt frustrated at the thought of Kajie, the woman I love copulating and swiveling itself to a different man. A man who isn't me.

Fvck this shit!” I yelled out as I infuriatedly threw the phone towards the wall. I heard it's sound of crack just like how my heart ached in so much pain.

I was devastated at the whole situation which made me lock myself inside this gloomy room with so much agony. My family was worried sick calling and yelling out my name trough the door but I chose not to speak.

I ploddingly pulled myself towards the porch. I shed in tears as I felt like there was a honed sword pierced my heart, reminiscing our memories together. My system refused to listen other reverberates besides my heavy breath.

“I have no right to complain. I'm just her bestfriend. I can do nothing but grieve in pain, for her heart doesn't belong to me and I have no hold of her life.” I uttered as my eyes down casted and my lips formed a bitter smile. It grew into a distressed and trouncing grin until I insanely laughed, balled my fist and thumped it several times on the railings until I felt my knuckles numb. I held and pulled my hair like a wacko, for I was completely shattered.

Moments later the whole place went quite. I hear nothing no more besides the creeks of the night insects. I released a sigh and composed myself. I faced my gaze on the gleaming moon painted on the sky above with sprinkles of flickering stars.

I guess everyone was now asleep so I stood up and exit myself from the porch. I took my car keys on the table and sluggishly opened the door from my room.

I checked all the rooms one by one to assure that everyone has went to bed. After I satisfy myself I listlessly slipped myself out of the house and went my way on the car. I passively drove it out the garage and start heading my way towards a cliff to put an end of the whole crap.

I truly am devastated due to the matter and just wanted to stop everything by terminating my own life.