I JUST KINDA WISH YOU WERE GAY

Start from the beginning

it was silent for a while. no interactions. no eye contact. just a huge tension spreading throughout the room.

your mind suddenly thinks back to the question.

"but do ya wanna move in and start fresh?"

you'd eventually have to tell your roommates about it, so why not get the hardest one out of the way. "oh um megumi," his attention shifts to you. "my dad asked me if i wanted to move in and-"

"and what? move in?" he questions cutting you off.

"that's the thing. although i love you guys and i love it here, he said we can start all over because our relationship wasn't the best. and it would be great for me to start over, i've been needing therapy for the longest time and he was willing to pay for expenses and stuff," you reply with a soft smile visible on your face.

megumi was silent for a while. he didn't really know how to respond. so instead of thinking he said what came to his mind first, something he would later on regret.

"so you're just gonna leave us? what about nobara and yuuji? you're going to abandon us after a little heartbreak?" megumi exclaims. of course, he didn't know what he was saying. he just was spitting word and word out, words that were out of fear. fear of losing his best friend.

"what... what does that mean?" you say taken aback.

"oh gee i wonder what it means'" he sarcastically spits.

at this point you were done with the bullshit. you came into your room to be left alone. to have time to yourself, but this? this was too much.

"megumi what the fuck?! i'm sorry i'm heartbroken, i'm sorry i cant fucking control my feelings. but gaslighting my emotions and blaming mesaying a "little" heartbreak is not something to leave over is fucking ridiculous. you do not know how big my feelings were-- no ARE for you! i'm sorry if it makes me selfish to leave you guys, but you guys can 100% function without me. plus i never said i was going to leave. i was just talking about it, so if i do leave to live with him it's out of the way. it's done. it's known and you can't be shocked." your voice was mixed with anger and sadness. you've always had a few arguments with your best friend, but like this? you'd never suspect it coming your way.

"so are you going to leave?" he replies softly.

"i don't know yet. but whatever i choose plea-"

your eyes widened as you were cut off with a pair of soft lips connecting with yours. at that moment you didn't know how to react. so without thinking you kissed back, falling into the trance. the kiss was comforting, it made you feel safe. your lip slightly parted as megumi slipped his tongue in your mouth exploring wherever his tongue most desired. you felt euphoric. you like you were on cloud 9. making out with the person you loved most, it was heaven.

but your mind finally slipped back to reality. as the euphoric feeling came crashing down, once again making you feel all the emotions you felt at the rooftop.

this is wrong.

he just kissed me out of nowhere.

does he like me?

is he messing with my feelings???

you slip away from the heated mess, with a trail of saliva leaving both of your guys' mouths. you look at megumi giving him a sadden confused look. "megumi, what are we?"

the black hair boy just looks at you confused, cocking his head to the side, "what do you mean? we're best friends."

you freeze. "best friends". so he didn't have intentions on dating you, after that kiss. he doesn't like you, even after that kiss. so he is messing with my feelings, either aware he's doing it, or unaware.