did i do something wrong?

should i talk to him about it?

what's mom doing?

what about nobara and yuuji?

you let out an exerted sigh feeling too overwhelmed. feeling too many emotions to think.

sleep.

that's what you needed. a good night's rest of sleep. sleep to run away from your problems- like you always did. eventually you'll come around to them to solve them... eventually.

you carefully step towards the ground walking towards the exit. although you didn't want to make things awkward, and didn't want to make your two other best friends feel as if they had to choose a side or make them feel uncomfortable, you had no choice, you lived there-- so you would have to either bare with it letting your heart-break even more, or move in with someone or by yourself.

you get to the apartment, after what seemed like a dawning amount of time. opening the unlocked door you walk in to see yuuji making some ramen while nobara and megumi sat at the table. the trio looks towards the door, seeing who the culprit who walked in may be. nobara's and yuuji's faces light up with excitement, while megumi looks away with a look of guilt still remaining on his face.

"ah good to see you back y/n. come, come, sit down, food is almost ready!" yuuji exclaimed.

"ah i'm not hungry i ate earlier. and i'm feeling pretty tired so i'm gonna go to sleep now," you said with a sheepish smile. you felt guilty lying. but at the moment you just wanted to lay in bed and be cuddled by warmth.

"ah well good thing i didn't make too much!or... should i just eat yours along with mine..?" he questioned.

"hey!! you can't do that, that's not fair you idiot! if you get more i want more too!" nobara exclaims standing up from her chair.

the two start to bicker, you find that as an opportunity to slip away making it towards your room. while megumi just stares at your figure ignoring the chaos being set around him.

-

slipping under the lukewarm covers you position yourself into a fetus position, closing your eyes shut. all your thoughts scrambled together, blending into a bunch of voices telling you what and what not to do.

you get snapped out of your trance hearing soft knocks coming from the brown door. "hey i'm gonna sleep you don't needa make some food!" you yell out.

"um... y/n, it's me, can i come in?" megumi softly asks.

although you wanted to be in his presence, you also wanted time to yourself. you were heartbroken. you both knew that. but it's really no one's fault.

"uh megumi, can i just be by myself please?" you ask. suddenly the door opens revealing the raven colored haired boy. "dude megumi i just said i want to be by myself!" you exclaimed, annoyed.

"i know, but we need to talk. are you... are you okay?"

"oh i'm totally not heartbroken. i'm 100% fine. i'm doing splendid. better than i've ever been! megumi what do you think?" you ask, voice laced with sarcasm and venom.

"sorry, that was insensitive of me to ask..." he responds.

"can you just tell me why you don't like me so i could get over my feelings quickly?" you ask.

"i... i don't have a reason." he says looking anywhere but at you in your eyes.

you scoff. although you felt selfish and guilty for trying to push him to tell you his reasoning(s), you just wanted to know. in order for you to move on you needed a reason, because if you didn't your heart would continue to lead you on to believe that maybe you had a chance. that maybe he'd love you back. probably waiting 1000 years for him to return the feelings.