Prologue

The Kingdom of Hetalia was many things; joyous, genial, with a loving king and queen. With its rich culture and tradition, jolly imbibed in every soul, a culture of happiness, love and contentment. Sorrow and grief never seeped within the walls of the kingdom. It was picture-perfect. But that's just the thing. The Kingdom of Hetalia WAS all those things, not anymore.

Alas, tragedy is one who would find us all. She would haunt you, no matter who you are, what you've done, what you haven't done. She would try to blacken you and harden you and end all happiness you may have.

Don't fear, dear reader. It is only the beginning that starts with rain. By the end of this story, the clouds shall have cleared up.

But I digress.

A forlorn silence lingered within the palace walls, the walls which were once filled with the most joyous melody of the kingdom. The giggle of the heiress to the throne, the mellifluous laugh of the princess.

It had been 2 years since that refrain was heard by anyone in the kingdom, yet the silence felt as if it stretched on for 2 millennia. Of course, the princess still smiled, but that laugh of hers remained only a distant memory to the people of her kingdom.

A mask of happiness hid her tears every time she had to meet someone, for she knew she couldn't let her woebegone outlook get to her people.

The night was still young, for it was but 9:34 by the clock, yet the princess was found climbing into her comfortingly warm covers. She knew dawn would bring about a great change for her kingdom and herself. She would have to be well-rested to get through the bustle of the day without letting the demons get to her, and drag her into the woods of thought.

Because as of tomorrow, she would no longer be just the princess.

She would be called, Crown Princess Isolde of Hetalia. 

Character mood board by the very talented stxrspressoThank you so much! ❤️

Thank you so much! ❤️