I Might Be Evil, but I Didn't Do It (Edited)

Start from the beginning

  I stared after him in confusion and then went to find Blaise. When I found him he took one look at me, spit in my face, and walked away only leaving me with, “That’s for Nikki.”

  That’s how it went all day. No one looking at me, and when they did they left me with rude comments, slaps in the face, or spit in my face. Teachers glared at me in passing, even those I didn’t know. I got to lunch and everyone ignored me. I hadn’t seen Draco, Nikki, or Harry all day but I saw Hermione who was a wreck and Ron who was comforting her. When they saw me then just glared and then looked away.

  Even my fellow Slytherins ignored me. Finally I got tired of it and I stood up to leave. That’s when the whispering started. I turned around, in the middle of the Great Hall and screamed, “What the fuck is going on!”

  Everyone stopped talking and looked at me, Hermione stood up slowly and approached me slowly. Once she stood in front of me she followed suit with everyone else by slapping me in the face. She took a deep breath to calm herself down and then she said, “That, that was for Nikki.”

  She turned to walk away but I grabbed her arm and made her stop, “What the fuck did I do to Nikki now?”

  She turned to me and shook her head, “Don’t pretend you don’t know. Nikki’s in the Hospital Wing because of you, so stop acting like you’re innocent.”

  She shook my hand off of her arm and went back to Ron where she broke down crying. I stood there looking at her, then turned numbly to the doors and walked out of the Great Hall. When I was back in the hallway I took off running to the Hospital Wing.

  It took a few moments but when I got there I burst in through the doors and saw Harry and Draco surrounding Nikki on her bed. Her arms were exposed and I could see they were bandaged. She wasn’t smiling and laughing like she normally would. She had tears running down her face, one hand in Harry’s the other in Draco’s hand. I approached slowly and saw Draco look up at me. He let go of Nikki’s hand and hushed her when she started to cry harder. He pointed in my direction and she nodded.

  Draco came over to me and pushed me out into the hallway. When he closed the door he ran his hands through his hair and then shook his head at me. “Why? Why did you have to go so far as to do this to her? Damage her? Were you jealous? Come on, Nevaeh, tell me? Why did you do this?”

  I looked at my brother shocked, “What are you talking about, Draco? Why did I do what?” I asked him honestly.

  Draco gave a humorless laugh and then threw me up against the wall again. He got into my face and snarled, “You know exactly what you did. You did it to her. Why? Why would you go this far, Nevaeh?”

  I pushed Draco off of me and snapped, “I didn’t do anything, Draco! Why won’t anyone get this through their heads? What happened?”

  Draco grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into the Hospital Wing, dragging me towards Nikki. He pushed me to stand at the foot of her bed and when I looked up at her, into her eyes I saw half her face was wrapped with gauze. Gauze was wrapped around her biceps on both arms, blood soaking through. Tears streamed down her face as she gazed into my eyes. I brought my hand up to my mouth and gasped.

  I stumbled back from the bed and collapsed to the floor in shock. Tears streamed down my face matching Nikki. Nikki curled up into herself trying to hide herself from me. I put my hands to my face and sobbed. What happened last night that I’m being blamed for? Then I remembered my dream. I thought it was all a dream. I looked up at Nikki and sobbed, “I’m so sorry. I-I didn’t know I was doing this. I didn’t know I was Dream Walking. Norm-normally it’s real, it feels so real. Like it’s actually happening. Last night, I swear I thought it was a dream. It was like I had no control over it. Like I was being forced-”

  Draco looked at me and I stopped. He stood up and came to me, “Was it all fuzzy? Like a dream?”

  I nodded and looked into his eyes, “Yeah, that’s why I thought it was a dream. That’s how the last month has been like. Fuzzy, like I had no control.”

  Draco turned to Harry and then back to me, “I think I know what happened.”

  I looked at my brother confused. “What? What happened?”

  Draco knelt down to me, offering me his hand. I took it and he stood up, pulling me up with him. “I think,” Draco started, “that you were cursed. I think you were under the Imperius curse.”

  I looked into my brother’s eyes and sobbed, “What did I do over the last few weeks, Drake?”

  He shook his head and turned to Nikki, “I don’t think Nevaeh had control over herself, Nikki, I think she’s okay now.”

  Nikki relaxed herself a little and looked at Harry, then nodded. Harry stood and looked at me, “Until we have the proof that she was cursed, I think it would be best that she stay away from Nikki. Also, I don’t think we should trust her, Draco. Not just yet.”

  Draco nodded but then looked at me, “I can assure you, Harry, Nevaeh’s back.”

  “How do you know that, Draco?” Harry snapped.

  Draco turned to me and then back at Harry. Draco put his hand on my lower back and pushed me towards Harry. I stumbled into Harry and laid my hands on his chest to stabilize myself. I looked up into his green eyes and watched as all the pain from over the past few weeks drained from his eyes and was replaced with love.

  “It’s you.” He whispered.

  I nodded and smiled up at him, “It’s me.”

  He smiled and hugged me, I hugged him back wrapping my arms around his chest. When Harry pulled away from the hug, he put his hands on my face and kissed me, long and hard. I closed my eyes and kissed him back harder, trying to put all the love I could into that one kiss. I missed his kisses, his hands on me. When he pulled back he smiled and hugged me again.

  I smiled at him then pulled away to look at Draco and Nikki. I smiled at my brother and then smiled at Nikki, “I’m sorry again. I had no clue what happened. I-”

  I stumbled backwards into Harry. Everything around me started to fade. I could scarcely hear Draco and Harry yelling at me but everything was disappearing. Soon all I could see was blackness and all I could hear...was silence.