"Nee epo paru Mullai pavam pavamney solikitey iruka. Andha ponnu pavama irukalam, nala ponna irukalam. Aana, ava pera kekara ovaru vatiyum, enaku yepadi irukumnu yosichu irukiya?

She sniffs before continuing

"Enaku badhil nee avala kalyanam panni iruka. Oru varusham kuda irundhu iruka. Adhu enaku yepadi valikumnu konjamavadhu yosikariya nee?"

His heart twist in his chest at her voice and he pulls her closer and wrap his arms around her.

"Enaku matum nee venumnu nenaikaradhu thapa Jeeva?" There is silence after her statement and Jeeva lets the word sink in

She cries and her tears wet his shirt. When her sobs reduce to soft whimpers, he kisses her hair

"Ipo naan enna pananum Meena?"

She does not say anything for a while.

"Un ista padi kovila kalyanathuku yaraiyum kudpida venam. Aana manadapathil reception ku elaraiyum kudpidu. Oor ariya naan un pondatinu nee solanumnu aasai padarean.

Aparam..", she mumbled into his chest

"Mullai nala ponnavey irundhutu pora. Aana, andha pera kuda enaku kekka venam. Inametu avala pathi en kita pesadha!"

He took her face in his hands and looked at her tear stained face

"Idhu panna than nee sandhosama irupena, naan andha seiyarean Meena"

December end – Mullai house

It has been almost 3 weeks since Mullai has seen Kathir. Work has been crazy for both and they did not get much time to talk, forget meeting up. They have been texting back and forth a bit at nights when both get some time. Kathir spent most of his time in the new site. He informed her that he would not be able to drop her back home for couple of weeks and hence she had taken laptop home to finish her work from here.

Her parents have left to their kuladeiva temple to offer prayers and she could not join them because of work. After biding them bye, she suddenly felt lonely. She remembered how lonely she used to feel in Pandian house and how she found her solace in Kathir. Her thoughts shifted around Kathir. Even though he was also busy in his work, he would make time to meet her. Now not seeing him for 3 weeks, she could not help but miss him.

She was busy thinking about him when her phone started ringing. Kathir's name popped on the screen and a huge smile appeared on her lips.

Answering the call, she listened to his voice silently as he said "Hello. Mulla! Vetuku poitiya?"

"Veetuku varama apadiyey train pudichu Chennai polamnu than pathean. Nee pavam naan kanomnu theduviyenu vandhutean", she laughed at him.

"Cha. Apadi poi irundha konja nalaiku un tholai ilama irundhu irukum", he said mischief evident in his voice.

"Irukum irukum. Amma, enna adisayama call panra indha nerathula? Vetuku vandhutenanu message thana panuva?"

He had missed her as hell and when he got some spare minutes, just wanted to hear her voice. When he couldn't say this to her, he just kept quiet and she continued

"Pathu romba naal achu. Nalaikavadhu pakalama?" Mullai asked and he grinned wide knowing she might have missed him too.

"Nalaiku kalaiyil cement yeraka varanga. Nalaiku sandhiram sikiram velai mudiyumanu theriyala.Pakalam", he answered mentally hoping he could get to meet her.

By then someone called for him and he had to go.

"Seri Mulla. Yaro kupidaranga naan aparam un kuda pesarean"