I'm sorry

“I need you to get out of my life.” was the last thing Rosie heard from Annalise since she took time from work and went on a kind of vacation.

Since that day, Rosie found himself lost. All he did was to help her. He thought that he was doing a good thing. And now, all he has is a heart broken and the part of him that wants her back in his life. Will Annalise ever forgive him? But he didn't even do anything wrong.

He spent a week working on Eddie's murder. He wasn't sleeping, all he wanted was to bring justice to the man she loved. But at that point, without Villa by his side, he felt so lost that he didn't even discover something about the case. He can't do this without her.

A week passed. Today Annalise would be back to work. A part of him got excited when he realized that but the other part told him to expect nothing. She doesn't want to see him. Right?!

Then, he did nothing. He didn't look for her, he didn't go to work. Rosie just stayed home. Waiting. And waiting.

Rosie was lost in his thoughts when he heard the phone ringing next to him. For a moment he thought that was Annalise, calling him to say that she was sorry and that she wants to see him. But, unfortunately, It was only Pippy.

“Hey” he said with a disappointed voice.

“You need to come here as soon as possible, Rosie. There's a big problem and only you can solve it”

“Oh, okay. I'll be there in a moment”

The man hung up the phone and grabbed his keys, doing his best to not think about Annalise and focus on real life while he was making his way to the lab.

When Rosie arrived, the place seemed normal. He went down the stairs and noticed that there was no one there.

— Pippy? — he calls for her.

No answer.

When he turns around to go back up the stairs, he hears a voice. Her voice.

— Hi...

At first, he didn't see her, but then she walked in his direction.  Rosewood didn't say a word yet.

— I asked Pippy to call you. I was afraid you wouldn't come if I asked you directly.

She gets closer. Their eyes always connected.

— I-...what do you want for me? — he says softly, wishing she notices he's not mad.

— I came here to say that I'm sorry…. for what I said. You were just trying to help me but I was stupid. I think that… that I was so focused on having a great night with you but also so afraid to do something wrong that I just took the first opportunity to drive you away.  — Annalise says with pain in her voice. She needs him back in her life. She can't live without him. He's her best friend.

The man was surprised by her words, trying to process everything that was said. So it means that she wanted him?

— I don't know what you expect me to say, Villa. But I do forgive you.

— I am really sorry. Can we be friends?

Rosie laughs. He can't believe that after what happened she's still denying her feelings. He knows that she might be afraid because of Eddie, but he didn't stop her from getting involved with other men before. Why does she always act like that with him?

— Are you serious, Villa? Friends? I think we crossed this line.

— But we didn't even do anything…— she's confused.

— Exactly, Villa, that's the point. Why are you afraid of me? Why did nothing stop you with Mike or any other man you dated? Why are you so stubborn to admit that you feel something for me? It's because you don't love me enough to be with me? — he's upset. And tired.

It wasn't in his plans to fight with her, all he wanted was to talk and be in her life again, but he was tired. He can't take it anymore. He needs to know for sure what she's feeling.

All this time, being her friend and doing everything to make her happy, he never expected that she would give him something back. Being honest with himself, all he did was to prove to her that he is a good man and that she can trust him. And, maybe, realizing all of this, she may fall in love with him.
And when he thought that they were finally admitting their feelings and that they were ready to be together, she pushed him away.

— Rosie, you're wrong.

He laughs again.

— Can you explain to me why am I wrong?

She takes a deep breath, she doesn't say a word for a while.

He shakes his head and starts to walk away from her.

— Rosie… i love you. I love you, okay? — she makes him stop and try to organize in her mind what she was going to say — I love that you make me laugh even when I don't want to — she chuckles — I love that you are always trying to help me, even when there's nothing you can do. I love the idea of waking up next to you. I love that you were just willing to be my friend…. and, and I'm so sorry that I pushed you away. I thought that by protecting my heart I couldn't get hurt but…. the idea of not having you in my life is so painful… — she didn't finish her speech. Rosie grabs her hand and lets his lips find hers.

The kiss was warm and soft. He kissed her gently. When they separated for a while she smiled and kissed him again. This time, giving his tongue permission to be inside her mouth. The first touch was electrifying. They almost kissed several times before and they always imagined how it felt to kiss each other but nothing they imagined was even close to the real feeling.

They felt safe, and happy. Like everything was right and that they would finally be in peace. That was the feeling. The feeling of love and being loved at the same level.

When the kiss stopped they stayed a while looking at each other with smile and tears of happiness on their faces.

— I'm sorry for…

— Rosie, you have nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one who messed things up.

He sighs.

— I've been waiting for this for so long… you have no idea how hard it is to see you and love you and not be able to say those words everytime.

She involved his neck with her arms, his arms embraced her waist.

— So… you love me? — she asks, looking at his eyes, teasing him.

— Didn't I make it clear enough? — he whispers on her ear and starts kissing all of her face, stopping when he is close to her mouth.

She makes an annoying face when he stops. She wants him as much as he wants her. But knowing Rosie, she knows that he will take advantage of this tension between them for a long time.

— I love you, Annalise Villa.

— And I love you, Beaumont Rosewood.

Then, he leaned for a kiss, pressing his lips against hers, savoring the moment with the love of his life in his arms.

Annalise breaks the kiss, laughing.

— I remembered something.

— What?

— You owe me a date.

He smiles.

— Oh… do I? — she agrees with her head — so I guess we have a date to go, then.

— Tonight?

— Tonight sounds perfect.

And then he held her tightly, hugging her and enjoying their moment. He held her wishing she would never leave his arms again.

STAY |  Rosilla OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara