I need you

— Annalise…. — she can hear when he hesitates on the phone — I need you. Now.

She didn't ask him for an explanation because she already knew what was happening. He needs her, it was time.

(...)

It has been two years since Annalise left Miami trying to move on and forget her love story that never happened because the two of them were too proud to admit their feelings. They knew they weren't supposed to be together, at least not as a couple. “We are fine being friends” they try to convince themselves with that lie every night.
In the last two years, Annalise and Rosie talked every day but never about their feelings, hoping that someday it'll disappear. But it never happened, just got stronger with time. Their love was real. No one could change that.
They never stopped being partners. Friends. Besties. Their person. Rosewood was always sending her updates about the cases on his lab, making her laugh and smile like a teenager staring at her phone. She missed him. And Annalise was always updating him about how she was, talking about her job and if she was taking care of herself. He needed to know if she was safe and okay.

Annalise dedicated those years in her career, being the best detective she could, doing always her best, and proving to everyone that she was the best. Sometimes she noticed that something was missing during the cases, he was not there with her. But he didn't ask her to stay when he had the chance, then there was nothing to do.
She worked so hard that she got promoted to captain. Annalise was happy, truly happy, but something always bothered her. She had no one to lay her head and cry at the end of a bad day, or celebrate her achievements, or make her feel something. And only one person in this world was capable of doing this, and she hated herself for not forgetting him and moving on with her heart to be with someone else.

We can't control our hearts. We have to take every opportunity life gives to us and risk ourselves because life is short, and time is cruel. 

(...)

She took the first flight to Miami and didn't even prepare a bag. Annalise only had one purpose that day, and she didn’t care about anything but him. She was finally going to see him after all this time.
Rosewood tried to see her before, but she was always making excuses. Villa was afraid of meeting him and creating expectations that he would say the words. She was not ready to watch him leave and to be hurt one more time.
But that day she couldn't avoid him. He needed her, and she had to be there for him.

The flight was quick, Annalise didn't even think about what she was going to say to him. Her thoughts were a mess, seems like she was lost and had no idea what to do. Usually, she'd call him and ask for help, but he was the one who needed her. There wasn’t anyone to help her this time and it scared her.

She took a taxi and gave him the address.

When she got there, she took the information she needed and got on the elevator to go to him. Her hands shaking and her heart racing. She felt like she couldn't breathe. “Stop, Annalise. You need to focus”.
She left the elevator and walked slowly to the room he was in. Took a deep breath and opened the door.

Rosie was right there, sleeping on a hospital bed. He looked so peaceful but also so tired. Annalise didn't want to wake him up but she had to. Then, she walked to him to get closer. She stopped, taking a look at him and realized she can't live without him. She missed him so much and now she blames herself for not accepting all the invitations he made. She lost a lot of time and now he's leaving forever.

She grabbed his hand and called for him. He opened his eyes and smiled at her.

— Hey, you’re here. — his voice was low.

STAY |  Rosilla Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें