I hit the floor and felt a warm line of tile under my toes. I followed the tile into the gazebo where Harry still sat with his head back and eyes closed. He was gripping the cup of alcohol for dear life.

    The bubbling of the jacuzzi overpowered any other noise surrounding us, drowning out all the birds and bug noises. It was oddly peaceful, hearing the heated pool run.

"You could get killed sitting like that." I crossed my arms and leaned against a pole from the gazebo.

"Are you going to kill me Kennedy?" Harry kept his position without flinching or moving a muscle besides speaking.

"I don't know, what's in it for me?" I took a sip of my drink, realizing I'm almost done with it.

"Bragging rights?" Harry raised his head up slightly to make eye contact with me across the hot tub.

"Eh, not worth all the cleaning up just for bragging rights." I pushed off of the pole and moved towards the jacuzzi.

"Very true. You could never get blood off of concrete even if you tried. And believe me, I've tried." Harry placed his head back down and took a sip of his drink, finishing it off.

"Do I even want to know?" I leaned against the side of the jacuzzi right beside his head.

"It's not a very happy story. But I'll tell you if you want." Harry turned his head towards mine, his eyes still closed.

"I'll pass. I've had enough death for today." I shot back the rest of my whiskey and placed my cup beside his.

"You and I both." Harry sighed and opened his eyes to reveal his shimmering green emeralds.

Those breathtaking emeralds

    I took a minute to dance with his iris. I admired every part of it, gently smiling at the different gradients of green and subtle hints of yellow. They were truly gorgeous.

"What are you grinning at?" Harry kept his eyes on mine, them moving symmetrically together. Almost like we were looking at the same places in each other's eyes.

"Your eyes. I like them a lot." I felt as if I blinked, I'd miss the chance to see these beauties ever again.

"Yours aren't too bad yourself. Kind of like a perfect mixture of the sky and the ocean." Harry narrowed his eyes and nearly grinned to himself. I giggled at his compliment.

    Harry closed his eyes again and turned his face forward before he could allow himself to reveal his shameful smile. My grin changed to a frown as he pulled his lips to the side.

"Are you okay?" I pressed my chin to my palm as I circled my eyes around his face and down to his torso.

"I'm just dandy." Harry whispered sarcastically, keeping his eyes pinched shut and his lips in a line.

"No, I mean are you actually okay?" I bit my lip, awaiting his next move. He could either get angry or remain zen.

I'm really hoping for zen

"I'm fine Kennedy, I'm always fine." Harry shook his head slightly and released a small grin.

"No one is always fine." I collapsed my arms and placed my head on them to reach Harry's head level.

"Well, I'm not like everyone else." Harry turned his head directly towards mine again and opened his eyes.

    Our eyes stayed together again, glued to each other. His eyes were like a trance, unable to let you look away. Mine were too, but for him. Before I could stop it, a toothy grin spread across my face.