calm before the storm

It's finally Friday and we have a half day! I wake up before Beck, it's 5:40am. I haven't been to my own house in months, I also haven't spoke to my mother since. I think I want to rekindle with my dad before going to see my mother. She chose her new boyfriend over me so I don't feel guilty for choosing my boyfriend over her. Beck's parents also don't mind I stay here, I love them and they actually tell me they love and appreciate me too; I love it here.

I quietly walk out of the RV and into the house to shower, get ready and make breakfast for everyone. I'm feeling lazy today so I throw one of Beck's zip up hoodies on overtop a black spaghetti strap crop top, black leggings and black Birkenstock's. I begin to cook eggs, bacon, waffles and toast for everyone. Beck's dad is up first, as always. "Goodmorning honey." He greets me the same way everyday "Morning Alvan! I just finished cooking." I smile and hand him his plate, "Looks good as always thank you very much." We whisper to each other since Nancy is still asleep, she's been able to sleep in since I've been here, I take care of cooking and most of the cleaning, she deserves a break anyway.

Alvan sits, eats and reads his newspaper, I clean up the pans I used then make everyone's plate. "I'm going to wake up Beck and give him his food. We'll be back in." I whisper to Alvan, he nods, "Thank you for being so good to him. I appreciate you, we all do." I smile wide and blush softly, "I appreciate you and Nancy so much thank you for everything." I give him a big hug, he squeezes back; his hugs are so nice. I leave Nancy's plate under the heating lamp then take mine and Beck's back to the RV.

"Beck, honey. Here's your food." He sleepily sits up, "Thank you." He stretches and grabs his plate, I sit next to him and he gives me a kiss. "Good morning." He says to me, I smile and say it back. We both eat kind of in silence, mornings are always quiet, I rest my head on his shoulder as we eat and watch the news, Beck loves watching the news—I personally find it very boring and most of the time misleading.

We finish eating, take our plates in the house, I wash mine, Beck's, and Alvan's plates while Beck takes a shower. "Can you help me tie my tie? Nancy is asleep still." Alvan walks to me, he's late for work he's suppose to leave at 6:30, I nod and quickly do it, "All set, drive safely." "Thank you, you too." He hurries out the door. I finish washing and putting the plates away then I go up to the bathroom to brush my teeth and straighten my hair.

I knock letting Beck know I'm walking in, he's standing there with a towel wrapped around his waist as he brushes his teeth. "Can you dry my hair? I know I'm running late I don't want to make you late too." He says with his mouth full of toothpaste, I nod and begin drying his hair with the hair dryer as we brush our teeth. "I love you." He says while he looks at me through the mirror, "I love you too." I smile at him.

Once his hair is dry he begins to style it, I make sure my hair isn't frizzy and the fly aways are down. Beck puts on a black shirt, jeans, and his black converse quickly and we hurry to school in my car, we switch cars everyday; today was my turn.

We go to class, same routine; drops me off and waits for me

We go to class, same routine; drops me off and waits for me. At Nozu the other day we all made a plan to go camping over the weekend, I'm not a big woods girl but I love the beach but Andre wants Jade to come and she convinced most of the group to go to the woods, kind of nervous but I'm not going to let that ruin the weekend.

We get out of school at 11:30 and we meet as the Asphalt, like usual. "Hey so are we all driving individually or all going in the RV?" Jade walks up to us holding a green juice, "We were going to all meet up here, leave our cars here and go in the RV." Beck answers, she nods, "Works for me, what time. I have things to buy." She smirks after she says that, she wants to scare me, I ignore it, "4:30." Andre says, "I'm not putting up with your shit if you do anything suspicious you're gone." Beck says then walks to my car holding my waist.

We go back to the house and pack our weekend bags. We pack bathing suits, a few outfits, shoes, and comfy clothes, "Babe, we have to go to the store to buy food and stuff, wanna do that with the group? Just so everyone can get what they want." I say, he nods, "Yeah, that sounds better, I'll tell Andre, he'll disperse the message." I smile and throw our bags in the bed of the truck.

Beck's parents aren't home so we go up to his old room and he pounds me out one last time before we can't, I know it seems like a lot but it's honestly only 3-4 times a week so it's normal and I definitely don't complain.

I write a note for Nancy and Alvan: Camping this weekend, I know we could've texted but I like writing you notes :) love, Lorena and Beck
I leave the note on the kitchen table then we go out to the truck.

He kisses my forehead, "Let's go meet up with everyone, it's already 4:25." We go go school to meet everyone, they throw their bags and things into the bed and pile into the RV; I hope Jade doesn't touch my things, she probably will. We arrive at the store and all get out, Beck holds my hand, Cat and Robbie are walking close, Tori is walking with Jade and Andre. I don't feel comfortable with Jade, I feel her looking at me from behind. I squeeze Beck's hand gently, he pulls me closer to him.

We all grab a shopping cart because we want to get a lot of snacks and other essential things. We load up our carts to the brim, all 6 of them! "I'll pay for everything!" Tori offers, I'm not arguing, "I'll help." Robbie takes out his wallet, they are in line while we wait at the exit for them, we don't want to crowd the line. We all get a notification on our phone, it's a post from Tori:

I like the post and put my phone back into my bag, "Beck, do you have the fire starters and tents?" Jade asks, he nods, "Yes, I brought three tents

I like the post and put my phone back into my bag, "Beck, do you have the fire starters and tents?" Jade asks, he nods, "Yes, I brought three tents. A smaller one just for Lorena and myself and I thought maybe everyone else can split like Cat and Robbie in another then you Andre and Tori, whatever happens, if anyone else brought one they can use their own too." She nods, "Why not just use two? Girls in one," she smirks, "Boys in another." Beck shakes his head, "No, I like my way better." "Yeah, me too." Cat finally stands up to Jade. She rolls her eyes walks over to Robbie and Tori to grab her cart.

We follow her to grab ours as well and we all go to the RV. We load as much as we can into the bed of the truck and the rest goes into the RV; heavy stuff outside, light stuff can go inside so it doesn't fly away.

"You feeling okay?" Becks asks me as we get into his truck, I nod, putting my seatbelt on, "Yes, all good." I smile at him as he starts the truck, "Good." He turns on his music, places one hand over top of mine and drives us to the camp ground.

All of a sudden dark clouds roll in, that's so usual especially in California. We get to the camp ground in time and hurry into the RV, "Guys, it looks really bad out there." Beck says as the wind slams the door shut behind him. "So do we just want to shelter in here until the storm passes?" Robbie asks, "That's a good idea." Tori says.

Oh no, stuck in an RV with Jade? Luckily I have everyone here, but will that stop her?

"At least we have tons of snacks and drinks." Cat giggles, "Yeah, that's true." Robbie agrees. "You sure we're okay in here?" I ask slightly panicked as the wind begins to rock the RV back and fourth. "We should be fine babe, don't worry." Beck reassures me and kisses my temple. Jade's jaw clenches.

"So what can we do until this passes?" Andre asks, "Sing a song!" Cat giggles, "No!" Jade yells and throws a pillow at her.

This is gonna be a long wait...