" it's pyro"

I was in bed, it was dark. Like any normal night would be, then the dream. The dream i had had every night since he left, and the dream that was my secret delight, a guilty pleasure of sorts. The only way he would visit.

Like rehearsed i slowly got out of bed walking to the shadowy figure, this is where the lighter would flicker on and the sun would come up and he would tell me that he was sorry .

But that didn't happen, so I backed up.

"y/n" John asked, stepping into the soft glow of the moon. He'd changed so much. His hair was blonde and eyes were dark, his lips were down turned in a frown instead of the sly smirk i had loved. His clothes, clearly not his own, were worn and dark blending into the shadows, however that didnt stop me from wanting to fall into his arms.

"John." i couldn't afford to say anything else, my voice was threatening to break from just that.

We stared at easy other for a moment, taking in the presence.

"It's pyro...now." i winced, just another reminder that he was gone. "I wanted to see you!" he grabbed my hands that were still at my side, slumped in defeat.

I flinched away causing pain it flicker in his eyes "pyro..."i said feeling the heat in my chest growing, "pyro?!" i started to tell pushing him away.

I started yelling "what the hell?! I waited for you! At the ship! I thought you were coming back you said-" his mouth crashed into mine, and it took all of my strength not to melt into his familiar hold, his arms that i had wanted for so long. I pushed away again.

" look y/n, i' m sorry..." he said pleading, more for my silence than my forgiveness.

" for what?" i said, wanting him to say it, praying he would say he' d made a mistake that he wanted to come back to school.

"For everything i put you through."

" i missed you." i said finally touching him, i glided my hands on his shoulders done his arms, " you' re here. I mean like actually here..."

He pulled me closer into his embrace, he smelled like you would imagine a campfire to smell like after making smores, he smelled familiar.

His hand came up to my face and i embraced it, finally, the thing i had been most wanting to do since i saw him, i pulled him closer softly, gently but slowly placing my lips on his.

His hand that had been on my face slid down to my waist and stayed firm there as i pulled his leather jacket closer to me. The world could fall apart and i wouldn't have noticed.

I ran my fingers through his hair as i had down so may time leaning into him and pushing him against the wall.

I could feel the familiar smirk against my lips he broke it to say , " this is new."

" is it? I've been out of practice." 

he placed a soft kiss on my shoulder before burying his head in the crook of my neck and sighed, the butterfly's in my stomach erupted 

we eventually made it to the bed, where we talked and caught up. 

i held him close " you' re gonna leave in the morning.. aren't you." 

 " I have to.." 

"don' t let go of me till then" 

" i wasn't planning on it." 

i wanted to stay up, memorize his features, i knew i'd regret it if i didn't, i didn't know if or when i' d see him again, if it would be on the battle field, opposing side but fro now the warm of him drifted me to sleep. 

like he said, he was gone in the morning, nothing left other than a worn out old leather jacket, it still had it' s sent on it. i put it on my knowing it was too big, and just smiled when someone asked me where i got it, or who it' s from... 

his visits were less frequent as the war got heated, but he never failed to show up when i needed him most. 

i knew there was a bit of John left in there somewhere