Ch.1 Practice Partner

■3rd Person POV■

The new term is starting, Y/N, a third-year from Shiratorizawa is looking around her new class. Only recently she managed to get close with some of her classmates from her 2nd year, but now they're in different classes as now they're 3rd-year students.

Y/N walks to her assigned chair and sits there. She's too shy to starts a conversation and moreover, there's no one from her previous class in here.

Just then.

Kawanishi: excuse me...

Y/N turns around and looks up at a tall boy with dark ginger hair. Y/N was surprised to see someone this tall.

Kawanishi: I'll be sitting here

Y/N: ah... right... I'm L/N Y/N... nice to meet you.

Y/N introduces herself to Kawanishi as he puts his bag and sits next to her. The first impression he got when he sees Y/N is, she's like an intimidated hamster.

Kawanishi: Kawanishi Taichi... nice to know you too...

Y/N is a shy girl who doesn't really know how to start a conversation with someone. Kawanishi is an emotionless man who rarely speaks, but he still interacts well with his friends.

Y/N glances at Kawanishi and she kind of notices that she saw him somewhere before.

Y/N: Ka-Kawanishi san...

Kawanishi looks at the girl next to him.

Kawanishi: hmm?

Y/N: are you... on the volleyball team?

Y/N remembers that she saw him in one of his games. She was taken as one of Shiratorizawa's supporters on last year's tournament, and remember she saw Kawanishi in there.

Kawanishi: yes, I'm on the volleyball team... how about you L/N? In any clubs?

Y/N nods her head and tells him that she's in the handicraft club.

The bell ring and the teacher came into the class. Then Kawanishi realizes that he brought the wrong book. Y/N notices how he looks a little troubled but doesn't show it.

Y/N: Kawanishi san? Are you okay?

Kawanishi looks at his chair mate and nods.

Kawanishi: ah yes, I just brought the wrong book...

Y/N pushes her book to the middle of the table and shares it with him.

Y/N: we can share today...

Y/N smiles at Kawanishi and the boy got another impression. Y/N is the kind and caring type, it was seen from the way she talks and acts.

Y/N is looking at the board and so does Kawanishi, but he sometimes glances around.

A student walks in the hallway, Kawanishi looks at him, Nishimura Sai, the boy from another class. Member of the student council.