chapter two | grocery shopping

...
summary:
its grocery shopping time!
the trio visits the semi-local market.

date: may 25th 2021
data log 002: grocery shopping
clingyduo centric

this chapter wasnt rewritten as im still very happy with it! therefore everything will stay the same writing wise here and will be rewritten if i become unpleased with it as time goes on.

...

the afternoon usually wasnt too busy for the trio. tubbo would be writing, tommy would be practicing his mandolin, and ranboo would be shining the van. but today, you could hear laugher erupt from the 1970's styled vehicle as it rolled down the bumby cement road with ease.

"tommy! stop, i cant breath!" tubbo laughed, eyes welling with tears while the tall blonde tickled the highland cow's sides. he was also laughing, taking his hands off once the brunette begged for mercy. ranboo chuckled from the front, eyes on the road.

the three were off to the store, but it would take two hours for them to get there due to the fact they lived in a forest far away from the city. so while ranboo drove their van, tommy and tubbo fooled around in the back. they were seated on one of the built in couches they placed along the walls. since their van was a mini home, things were rattling and doors were locked tightly with childproofing locks.

"you two need to relax, i might just crash the van!" ranboo hummed, glancing in the mirror to look at the two older teenagers with amusement. being the youngest would've meant you wouldnt be driving the van, right? well, it was ranboos van. he didnt want tommy or tubbo crashing it. he spent a good year setting it up the way it is, and good money too.

"dont look off the road, enderboy! or we might just crash because of that." tommy shouted a retort quickly, leaning his arm on the side of the couch. a seatbelt tightly secured the other arm back. yes, the couch had seat belts. but they usually didnt wear them when going down backroads. they only would wear them on highways. though since tommy is a scaredy cat, he always had put the seatbelt on even if it was a very short drive.

the highway would be a quicker way to the grocery store, but the teenagers preferred riding the backroads instead. the scenery was beautiful! who wouldnt want to? the backroads led for an experience that one couldnt possibly resist.

(quick authors note! have you ever ridden the backroads to a place? aka a longer route and mostly off the highways? me and my mom do that when we go to my aunts. its really peaceful!)

they were about an hour into their trip when the van got quieter. tommy liked bringing his mandolin with him on long car rides so he could act as the radio. while ranboo continued driving, he swayed to the music he heard from tommy's mandolin like a palm tree waving silently in the warm winds of florida. across from tommy, tubbo had taken a different seat so he could write in his jourmal while listening to the tanuki play.

it was on a moonlit night
the stars were shining bright,
they whispered from on the high
your love has said goodbye

tommy strummed softly, playing "Blue Moon of Kentucky" with ease. ranboo was seen smiling while listening to the blonde play, tubbo grinning when he looked up from what he was writing out. the tanuki would continue singing along to the song, the enderman and highland cow soon joining into the antics.

blue moon of kentucky, keep on shinin!
shine on the one who's gone and say goodbye!

im going to take a minute to say thanks tho those who helped me,
put the album together!