Seriously?

Emily POV

After mingling his way around pretty much the whole room Randy had made his way back to me for the dance he asked me to save him.

Stepping out onto the dance floor with him a slow song begins, he wraps and arm around my waist and with his other hand he takes mine and places it on his chest keeping his over the top of it.

I place my other hand on his shoulder as we start to move.

"I was beginning to think I would never get to dance with you" he smiles "I had no idea we had invited so many people"

"It's perfectly understandable that wouldn't have time for me today" I say

"Hey I will always have time for you" he says pulling me a little closer "you are the most important person in my life after Alanna"

"I sincerely hope you haven't said that in front of Kim" I sigh "she hates me enough already"

"She doesn't hate you Em" he says

"Lets just agree to disagree" I say

"Fine" he sighs "but I really wish you'd try with her"

Well maybe if she wasn't a raging bitch! I think to myself but stay quiet as we keep dancing, right now I don't want to start another row with her over her.

Without warning Randy is jerked back from me and we are pulled apart by none other than the wicked witch herself.
"Baby there's people you haven't spoken to yet" she says clinging to him like a leech

I watch as she points out some random people who are apparently related to her, Randy gives her a quick kiss before heading off to speak to the guests, taking this as my cue to leave I head back to my table to grab my bag.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Kim spits as she pulls me round to look at her

"Please enlighten me Kim what have I done wrong this time?" I say rolling my eyes

"Draping yourself all over my husband" she snaps

"All I was doing was dancing with him" I sigh "but look I'm leaving so you don't need to worry about me"

"If I had my way you'd never see him again" she snarls

"Yeah and if I had my way he'd see you for exactly what you are" I snap "a jealous, controlling bitch"

"Stay away from my husband" she says

"I'll stay away when he tells me too, and we both know that will never happen" I smirk "face it you won't get rid of me, you can put me where he can't see me, you can keep him busy, you can do whatever the hell you like but at the end of the day he will always come looking for me"

With a huff and a stamp of her foot Kim storms off back to the bridal table. She knows I'm right, he proved as much today when he made a beeline for me, he will always make a point of finding me no matter where she hides me.

"What the hell was her problem this time?" Sam asks

"Apparently I was draped over Randy" I say "and we have now reached the stay away from my husband stage"

"The bitch is crazy" she gasps "you need to tell Randy"

"Like I said he won't listen and besides he thinks I'm not trying to get on with her" I sigh "like this is all my fault"

"And how are you supposed to get on with that!" She gasps gesturing towards Kim "that's like asking someone to piss against the wind and not get wet"

"What does he see in her Sam?" I ask

"Other than big tits and a nice ass I have no clue" she says "she has a face only a mother would love and a personality to match"

"Are you leaving Aunty Emily?" Alanna asks

"Yes I am sweepea" I say and she pouts

"But we didn't get to dance" she says "you promised"

"Tell you what, if its ok with your mum, we'll have a sleepover and you and me can dance all night, sound good?" I ask and she nods before looking at her mother

"Can I mum please?" She asks

"Of course you can" Sam laughs "Aunty Emily and I will get it arranged"

"Thank you" I say giving her hug "I just need to get out of here"

"Call me later and we'll talk" she says

After saying goodbye to Bob and Elaine I make my way to the exit and just as I expected he would Randy has followed me.

"Em where are you going?" he asks catching up with me

"Home" I say "out of respect for you I'm going to leave instead of knocking your wife's head off her shoulders"

"Not this again Em" he sighs "why do you have a problem with her?"

"Me!" I gasp "she has a problem with me, you are just to blind to see it, your wife told me to stay away from you"

"Why would she do that?" He asks "she told me she wants you two to be friends"

"Of course she did" I say rolling my eyes "let me make this clear, I will never be friends with that woman, I can't make you believe me, but I refuse to let you make me out to be the bad guy in this situation, I thought you knew me better than that"

"Em I know you better than you know youself" he says "but I have never seen her be anything but nice to you"

"Of course you haven't" I snap "she doesn't want you to see, she wants you to believe that I'm the problem, and from the looks of it she's succeeding"

"Em I don't want to fight with you" he says "I just want my best friend and my wife to get on"

"We don't always get what we want Randy" I say fighting back tears "I think it's best if I do stay away"

"Is that really what you want?" He asks "becuase it's not what i want"

"Like I said Randy we don't always get what we want" I say walking out of the door and away from my best friend.