002

"l/n, gojo

"l/n, gojo. stay back for a sec."

you and eve were getting ready to head back to your room after geto and gojo showed their domains. you spun around on your foot and told eve that you'd catch her later. you walked up and stood a few feet away from gojo while your teacher explained himself.

"listen, i need you two to investigate the kyoto school." he said, lower his voice as if someone was listening in.

you and gojo raised an eyebrow at each other. something's not adding up.

"you gonna elaborate or..." gojo was the first out of y'all to speak up.

"nah forreal. we'll go but we needa know what we're walking into. i don't trust gakuganji as far as i can throw his ass." you told your teacher, gojo nodding in agreement.

"i understand your concern. i know just as much as you. this order came from the higher ups so there ain't much i can do about it even if i wanted to. you leave for kyoto at 9. i already made arrangements."

"how long?" you asked.

"i trust you'll find what we need in about a week."

"we don't even know what we're looking for–" gojo started.

"you'll know it when you see it. trust me. be careful and come back in one piece." yaga nodded at the two of you before patting your shoulder.

"look after him, y/n."

"will do, yaga." you gave your teacher a small smile.

"i guess i'll be nice to you for the time being, don't give me a reason not to be." you warned your white haired classmate.

"as you wish my dear. what time should we meet up?" he asked, giving you a smile.

"ehhhh, come to my room around 8 ish i guess. eve will probably be there but don't say anything specific about the mission." you told him as the two of you started to leave the field and head to your dorm rooms.

"of course. want me to bring some green?"

"duh, you already knew the answer you shouldn't have bothered asking. i'll see you later, ight?" you gave him as small wave and he did the same in return, both of you parting ways.

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

7:35 PM

"maybe this'll be good for you two? i mean, you haven't even blinked at the nigga since your last mission." eve told you as she watched you pack some things while sitting on your bed.

"ion know evie. i mean, i would like to talk to him about what happened but he's probably not gonna take me seriously."

"well the two of you did talk a little bit today, right? and it wasn't forced? that sounds like progress to me, bae." she assured you. you just nodded in agreement. she was right, i mean you did miss talking to him a little bit.

you were brought back to reality when you heard a knock at your door. "yea?"

the door opened and in came gojo with a duffle bag of his belongings hanging on his shoulder and a smaller object in his hand.

"you got a tray or a magazine or something?" he asked you, closing the door behind him and setting his stuff near the door.

"yea, look in that drawer over there. i might have 2 or 3 in there." you directed him.

he opened a drawer and saw an old picture of the two of you from when y'all were around 12 at the beach, big ass grins plastered on your faces holding plastic shovels up. he chuckled at the fact that you still even had the picture in the first place. he put it to the side and picked up the first tray he saw, a pink one with random stickers and ash stains all over it.

"didn't i buy you this like 2 years ago?" he asked you, sitting down on the floor next to you getting ready to roll somethin up.

"yea, what about it?"

"nothing, i just found it cute you still had it even after.. you know–"

"well i'm not someone who throws away gifts, especially if they're still useful. don't read into it that much." you interrupted him, not wanting to have that conversation right there in front of eve.

"oh...uh. right. sorry." he responded quietly. you could tell he had hope that maybe you were holding onto their bond just as much as he was. the difference between you and him was that you didn't want him to know that you missed his friendship and that you would do everything in you power to avoid him knowing that you felt the same. you didn't know why you were so stubborn about talking to him but you decided to cross that bridge later on.

"you roll slow as hell, gimme this." you took the items from him while rolling your eyes in attempt to change the subject.

"my bad, my bad. sooooo, eve right? why don't you tell me about yourself." he said slyly, looking her in her eyes.

"go touch some fucking grass." you mumbled under your breath. eve heard you and busted out laughing, leaving gojo clueless as hell.

"wait why are we laughing? i wanna laugh!"

"don't worry about it. gimme a light." you told him, putting the blunt between your lips. he grabbed a lighter from his pocket and lit it for you. you took a few puffs and passed it to eve and gojo had his eyes glued on you the whole time.

"anyway," eve started,"i'm eve, don't worry about my last name. um my birthday's april 20th. i'm a taurus. i like the color blue and i'm the youngest of 4." she told him as she passed it to him. she's a lightweight so once she gets a hit she just started talking and doesn't stop.

"well, i'm satoru gojo but only y/n really calls me satoru–"

"hey my nigga, let's not!" you flashed a sarcastic smile at him. he threw his hands up in defense and took a few hits before blowing the smoke out through his nose and passing it onto you.

"you hear something eve? that's some loud ass wind." he said, completely ignoring you. you playfully pushed him and smacked your teeth, causing him to giggle a little bit.

"anyways, uh my birthday's december 7th so i'm a sag. i'm an only child and i don't have a favorite color." he told her.

"he forgot to say he's a man whore." you added, laughing at your own comment. gojo glared at you as you took a few hits from the blunt and continued passing it to eve.

"so harsh. i wouldn't call it being a man whore, more like being open to many options." he pretended he was hurt by your words, clutching his chest as if what you were saying was so far from the truth.

"anyways. shut up it's my turn. my name is y/n l/n. satoru calls me n/n for some weird ass reason that he's never told me. my birthday's october 26th so i'm a scorpio, ahh." you said, sticking your tongue out. "i got 4 siblings too and my favorite color is probably red or orange." you told them as if they didn't already know. your eyes started getting a red tint and began to feel heavy.

"i can tell, cherry head." a high gojo said, running a finger through your red hair.

"you can't be talking nigga. how you 78 and 18 at the same time?" you asked him, you and eve laughing as y'all looked at his snow white hair.

eve watched as you and gojo interacted, laughing together and cracking jokes at one another. high or not, she felt comfortable in knowing that things were less tense between the two of you and had a little hope that maybe that you and gojo would rekindle things between the two of you.

— WORD COUNT: 1331