The girls laughed, and without meaning two, I met Taylor's eyes for a split second before quickly looking away. Man, she had a really cute laugh.

"So Taylor, how has the Rep tour been? You guys just wrapped your final shows in Europe, right?" Ali asked once we had calmed down.

The singer nodded. "Yep, had our last one four days ago."

"How hard is it to go on a world tour? I mean you're away from home what, ten months out of the year? Doing like fifteen shows a month? That's got to be exhausting." Christen voiced.

Taylor shrugged. "Eh...It depends, honestly. When I first started touring, yeah, it was for sure not easy, but over the years I've just sort of fallen into a rhythm, you know? I work with the same crew every time, and they know what I want, and I know what they need, so it all just kind of works itself out. They are a lot of fun, but yeah, very tiring. I try to space them out as much as I can, so for whatever the next album I write is gonna be, I'm probably not gonna go on tour for it. I'll most likely end up doing a couple of shows in L.A. or New York, but that's about it. What about you guys? I can't imagine it's easy juggling the NWSL and the national team, especially for huge events like this."

Most of us shrugged our shoulders, or nodded.

"It's definitely a challenge to be away from our teams for so long because when you finally come back, you're sort of back in square one in terms of teammate connection. I suppose it does help that almost our entire team is now signed to Angel City FC, which is set to have it's first game next season." Alex said.

"Oh yeah, I remember hearing about the team being announced, but as far as I know they haven't publicly released the roster yet. So you're all on it?" Elliot wondered, looking at me.

I nodded. "Pinoe, Tobin, Allie, Ali, Ash, Kells, Alex, Crystal, Christen, Julie, Abby, Emily, Rose, Becky, and I are all on it. "

Elliot inclined his head. "So since your team doesn't officially launch until next season, you basically have the rest of the year off after this tournament?"

"Yeah, pretty much. If we win we'll have I think three victory tour games, and then we won't have camp until January." Ash explained. 

"Gotchu."

"Hang on guys, Jill texted back." Alex spoke up, pausing our current conversation. She read the text on her phone out loud. "She said they just finished the meeting, and we're gonna do dinner here, so everyone be at the dining room by 6:30. We've got about ten minutes to get ready, so if anyone still needs to shower or whatever, do it now."

"I already showered, but I do want to go change." Allie said, and Alex and Kelley nodded. 

"Same." 

"Taylor, you want to come with us?" Alex asked the singer, who for the second time met my eyes for a split second before she nodded and stood, looking away from me. 

"Yeah."

The four of them left the room, leaving Elliot and I with Pinoe, Ash, Tobin, Christen, and Ali.

Once the door shut behind them, and the sounds of their conversations faded down the hall, Ash spoke, smirking. "So are we just not gonna talk about the suffocating tension between Y/n and Taylor, or...?"

We all laughed, but a voice in the back of my head wondered if what she was saying was true. Was there any tension? Or was the eye contact random?

I shook away those thoughts, knowing I was just overthinking it. 

We had just met. It's not uncommon to have strange awkwardness between new friends. 

"You guys ready for dinner?" Pinoe questioned. "I'm starved."