Lunch Break No Show

Start from the beginning

I don't know how they got sex from that.

"Whatever. How's things with you and Ryan?" I asked.

"They're good. Ryan, actually, wants to celebrate our anniversary in the Bahamas this year. But, the thing is, we would have to look for a babysitter." She replied.

"When are y'all going?" I asked. "I don't know. Probably this weekend. He's always changing his mind about something, you know how he is."

Yes I do. See Ryan and Aubrey met at the grand opening of my shop in Philly. He was one of the caterers there and he couldn't help but see Aubrey in that beautiful pink dress, that she just had to buy. Obsessed with the color, she had to make sure that we were color coordinated. Anyway, while he was serving dinner, some asshole from across the room came up to Aubrey wanting to dance with her. Of course, she said no considering the fact that he was drunk as a skunk. And in true asshole form, he wasn't taking no for an answer. So, things got heated and he slapped her. Immediately, Ryan swooped in and tackled him to the ground, just for the asshole to end up getting beat up and escorted out the building. Long story short, they met up again at a coffee shop, fell in love, got married and had my godbabies, Ryan Jr and Riley.

"Look, let them stay with me. You know you are guys are like family."

"Thanks girl."

"No problem."

"Anyway, let's hurry up and get this ice cream and be back before more people show up."

****

After getting the ice cream, we arrived at the shop to see, to our surprise, one of our neighbors from around the way: Naomi Davis.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Aubrey muttered

"What the hell is she doing here?" Aubrey muttered. I shrugged my shoulders and walked up closer to her by saying, "Naomi?!"

She turned to me and said, "Rayna! Hi. What are you doing here?!"

"I'm the boss. This is my shop. Did you not see the front?" I asked.

"Oh, really? I never noticed. But it's amazing. Reminds me of how we used to be back in the day." She said sarcastically. Back in the day, I was only here for a year. "Back in the day? I only met you a year ago. But, what do you think of the place?" I asked.

"Classy and elegant?"

"No, just...boujee and basic."

Bitch. "Well, what brings you here?" I asked.

"Oh, just thought I'd come by and check on my girl."

Mhm. She's not slick. She knows exactly what she's doing and I'm not falling for it. This is the same woman who claimed that I stole from her and ended up getting a bad review on my shop.
Now, she wants to act like she's best friends with me. Girl, enough of the fakeness.

"Well, it was of nice of you to drop by but-"

"Oh my goodness, I almost forgot! I've been meaning to talk to you about the little party we're having tonight. And I thought it would be nice if you'd come since you're a business woman."