#02: 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆

Comenzar desde el principio

"How was work mama?" She asked, sitting upright in bed. A giddy smile crept onto your lips as you replayed the night over in your mind. "Well, I wore the pretty diamond dress that you like. But guess what?" You asked, sitting on the bed.

"What happened?"

"There was this guy and he was fine, so fine Celeste!" You squealed with a soft clap of your hands. You looked into Celeste's brown eyes only to be met by disappointment. "Mama...how did you see him, it's dark in the club," she questioned with a concerned expression.

Your giddy smile faded into a doubtful frown, Celeste really knows when to kill the fun. "Baby, we stared at each other for the entire night, and he waved at me. I think he was foreign, he had white hair too!" You began, pondering on your mystery man. He was nothing that you were used to seeing in Las Vegas.

"Mama- I think he might be old, not foreign," Celeste retorted despairingly. You rolled your eyes at Celeste's distasteful comment before lifting off her bed. "Okay okay, I guess I'll be crazy by myself. Go to sleep for school tomorrow Cel, I love you," you sighed, making a heart shape with your fingers.

Celeste copied you with a crooked heart on her chest. You slipped out of the room and headed to your own. You stripped down to your bra and panties before dropping onto the blue bed sheets, facing the ceiling.

The last thing on your mind was the man who caught your eye. Maybe it was because the stage had casted the hazy spell of overheating on you, but a part of you wanted to see him, just one more time.

゜♥。゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。゜♥。゚♡゚・。♥。

"Mama, Mama, I'm gonna be late for school," a small voice said, breaking the silence of sleep. Your eyes slowly parted, the color of a yellow shirt in clear view. "Celeste?" You croaked. "What time is it?"

"7:50," she stated plainly.

"Girl, what the hell you mean, why didn't you wake me up?" You exclaimed, jumping to your feet, heading into your closet. "I just did, if you don't take forever we can get there in time," Celeste retorted.

You frantically grabbed a pair of jean shorts and a yellow plaid shirt that you didn't even bother to button up. You raced to the door with Celeste trodding close behind.

"Wait, did you eat something baby!?!" You clamored as you fought with the laces of your hi-top sneakers. "Yup, just a bagel with cream cheese and juice," she replied with a smile.

You yanked the car keys from the glass dish near the door and grabbed Celeste's hand. "Okay, you know I appreciate you right?" You asked running down the hallway.

"Yes ma'am, oh I'm sleeping over Shaunie's and Layla's tonight too mama," Celeste reminded you as she slid into her car seat. "Aww, but it's our movie night, you gonna leave me like that?" You pouted as the car engine turned over.

"Mama, you're working late tonight and it's Shaunie's day off, remember?" Celeste added. Your nails rattled against the brown leather steering wheel, everything coming back to memory. "Right right, okay so you got that, anyways you ready for school," you asked with intentions to switch the topic.

"Yeah, it's Friday pizza and they always have the best cheese!" Celeste gushed with her hands in the air. You shared in her happiness with a laugh before driving down the city strip.

The second you parked in the lot of Celeste's school, the two of you jumped out and ran up the stairs, straight towards the office.

"Hey, it's Ms. Parker!" A few of the kids screamed as you ran past. "That isn't my last name," you thought to yourself as the office appeared on your right. Celeste yanked the door open, leading the way towards the receptionist.

"We're here, she's here I mean!" You yelped crashing against the cherry oak desk. "It's a new record, there's only a minute before the bell rings," the receptionist chuckled as she wrote out a pass for Celeste.

"Have a good day today baby, alright," You smiled at her, smoothing a few of her loose curls down. Celeste wrapped her arms around your waist with a toothy smile. As the two of you left the office, she headed up towards her class and you turned out towards the front door. The stares of the other school children began to linger a second too long.

But could you blame them, Celeste had a beautiful young mother. But then it hit as to why now the passing teachers were staring at you: you were putting on a busty display for all to see.

You pinned your eyes to the ground until the color of your red 1994 convertible, it was the first big purchase after a month at the burlesque club. You slid into the driver seat with a huff, but the sudden vibration of the flip phone in your back pocket took your attention elsewhere.

"Hello?" You began but the roar of your boss quickly put an end to the formalities. He screamed something incoherent but the message was for you to get down to work right away. You didn't bother arguing with him, it was just going to be a losing battle for the both of you.

゜♥。゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。゜♥。゚♡゚・。♥。

"Yeah- Woah, where did all these flowers come from?" You asked in awe. The messy and disorganized dressing room was now adorned with all kinds of flowers. From roses, carnations, tulips, the dressing room had it all.

You slowly wandered towards your own stand, a white envelope waiting for you. There were a few words written in the most beautiful handwriting you've seen. It said:

To: The Woman in diamonds

From: Your newest fan