I Brake For Whale

Start from the beginning

One of them caught London's eye. "What's that teeny, tiny one with the little heart?"

"Oh it's for my diary," said Kirby, "I always like to end my day with an installment of Kirby Morris: Life at Sea."

London scoffed. "Oh I don't have time to keep a diary, so I have someone else keep it for me. I love reading it at night, to find out what I did during the day." She giggled and walked away.

BAILEY

Bailey walked passed a giggled London, storming to Cody.

"Cody, I just got an E-alert from Jacques, himself." said Bailey.

Cody gasped.

"He says that the engine sounds from the ship might interfere with the whale sonar navigation. We could end up hitting them," said Bailey.

Cody hyperventilated. "Our babies!" he yelled.

At another time, Bailey probably would have laughed, but she was too worried about the whales.

He ran over to Moseby. "Mr. Moseby, our adopted whales, Bailey-Whaley and Cody-Blowholey are in trouble."

"Let me guess," said Moseby. "The other whales are making fun of their names?"

Cody scowled.

Bailey couldn't pass up the chance to tease Cody. " I told you we should have gone with Baileen and Fluke." she said.

"I told you those names were ridiculous," said Cody, "would you have named your kids Gums and Elbow."

"I really don't care for your tone," teased Bailey.

"Sorry," said Cody.

"Can you two please take this mindless soap opera some place else?" asked Moseby.

"The thing is," said Bailey, "the ship is headed right for a pod of blue whales."

"You have to get the Captain to divert our course." said Cody.

"I can't tell the captain how to run his ship, just like he doesn't tell me how to do my job." said Moseby, "Okay there was that one time he suggested we switch to an all in one shampoo and conditioner."

"Really?" asked Cody, looking incredulous.

"I know, crazy, right?" asked Moseby.

"Please, Mr. Moseby," said Bailey, "the whales need our help."

"Look, I'm sorry," said Moseby, "but Mr. Tipton is waiting for us in Valparaiso." He paused. "And if I make him wait, he'll make me wait...tables!"

"But," said Bailey.

"ZZT!"

"But!" tried Cody.

"ZZT!"

"But," said Both.

"ZZT!" said Moseby, "and that's the last ZZT I have on the matter."

CODY

"I'm just saying, sometimes you condition for extra body, but don't want the drying that comes from shampoo," said Cody.

"We don't care," said Percy, who had been filled in with what was happening.

"Kirby," said Bailey, as the three walked up to the captain's room where Kirby was guarding,

"Sorry kids, can't talk now," said Kirby, "when I'm guarding the captain's bridge, I have to keep a steely focus."

"But," said Cody.