010 | duel of the fates

━━━━━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

duel of the fates ━━━━━━ 

━━━━━▼━━━━━

NABOO, CHOMMELL SECTOR

 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐑. Old texts had been passed down between generations and held host to knowledge of battle formation and techniques that had held true through the ages. Cold, ice-born warriors that knew nothing more than conquest and valor.  Rigid forms that relied on the skill of the warrior and had disregard for modern marvels of machines.

What would Wynn's ancestors think of her now, standing in a valley fold preparing for a war against an army of droids?

"They're here!" Anakin called, running across the grassy field as fast as his short legs could carry him. He had been tasked by Padmé with keeping a lookout, and he was determined to do a good job to impress Padmé, if nothing else.

"Good, they made it," Padmé nodded curtly. No longer shy about taking charge, most of their battle strategy had fallen on the shoulders of the young queen.

They had been waiting for Captain Panaka to return from the short scouting expedition he had undertaken. From the look on his face, it was apparent that what he had seen hadn't been good.

"What is the situation?" Padmé asked. What little breeze there was tugged at the ends of her once-immaculate hairstyle.

"Almost everyone's in camps. A few hundred police and guards have formed an underground resistance movement, I brought back as many of the leaders as I could. The Federation army's also much larger than we thought, and much stronger. Your Highness," he turned to Padmé, begging her to reconsider. "This is a battle I do not think we can win."

"The battle is a diversion," she reminded him, fighting to ignore her own apprehension. Wynn felt it rolling off from her in waves. "The Gungans must draw the droid army away from the cities."

Artoo, who was parked in front of their speeder-turned-strategy-table, flipped on the holo projector embedded in his head. A red line appeared, running through the three dimensional model of the Naboo palace.

"We can enter the city using the secret passages on the waterfall side. Once we get to the main entrance, Captain Panaka will create a diversion. Then, we can enter the palace and capture the viceroy. Without the viceroy, they will be lost and confused." She finished with a raised eyebrow, as if daring them to argue. When she turned her attention towards the three of them, she was undeniably looking at Wynn. "What do you think, Master Jedi?"