Her gloved hand then collected it with a slight frown and her brown eyes squinted at me.

"What?" I asked her nervously, my cheeks growing hot.

"There's like half a centimeter of urine in here." She pointed out.

"Are you criticizing my bodily fluids right now?" I argued, plopping myself down on the bed.

"No, no. of course not," She snorted and stuck a colored stick inside of the cup. She plucked it out a few seconds later and instructed me to dispose of the urine in the toilet. She waited for me to return before excusing herself from the room and promising to return soon.

"Raquel," I called out to my little sister who was still peering through the blinds intently. She had a rather confused look on her face that worried me a little. "Is mom still talking to that doctor?"

"No," she answered dejectedly and slowly made her way towards me. "She disappeared."

"She'll be back, don't worry." I tried reassuring her and stretched a hand out towards her. She grabbed ahold of it and allowed me to pull her into my lap. "In the meantime, let's fix this bird's nest on your head."

"Speak for yourself," She mumbled, referring to the not-so-cute messy bun I was sporting on my own head.

"Sshhh," I quickly shushed her and began combing my fingers through her silky hair, parting it away and out of her face. "Do you have any hair ties on you?"

"Nope. I lost them."

I rolled my eyes at her obvious response and proceeded to loosen the one hair tie that was holding my own mane of hair together. When it came to hair texture, she stole all the good hair genes from our dad so because her hair was mostly straight and so silky, she was constantly losing her hair ties because they slipped out so easily. Not to mention the length of this thing -- sis was way overdue for a haircut. I quickly tied it all up into a low bun that rested at the base of her neck and shooed her away back into her chair.

Just as she was seated another nurse entered the room in matching pink scrubs from the one before, only this time they were of the male species. And sad to say, an undeniably attractive one at that. He had a strong build and a great physique with just the right amount of facial hair, and even longer hair that was combed into a neat dutch braid down the middle of his back. I discreetly tried to shake my tight curls loose and make my own hair as presentable as possible. But based on the judgemental look on Raquel's face, I don't think I was doing a very good job at it.

"Hi, I'm here to take a quick blood test," He announced and hastily approached me with a rather long needle and a small cylindrical tube. I was too overwhelmed by the scent of his cologne and the bulging muscles in his arms that took up eighty percent of my view to think straight.

"Didn't you already take a blood test, Rory? With the other nurse from before?" My sister inquired, snapping me out of my daze. I frowned and pushed the male nurse's hand away as he inspected my arm for a vein.

"Wait, yeah. A nurse already came and bore my finger. See?" I held up my bandaged index finger close enough to his face that I almost poked his pretty brown eyes out. He not so gracefully moved my hand out of his way and proceeded to harshly rub a wet cotton into my elbow pit, disinfecting the area.

"Yeah, this is a different blood test," He deadpanned, eyebrows furrowing as he flicked his middle finger against my skin harshly, presumably having a hard time finding a vein to draw blood. It hurt like a bitch but I was trying so hard to put up a front for him -- no matter how disinterested he seemed. I would have done the same had it been the female nurse from before, though. If it's one place I hated showing weakness was in a hospital.