They raise their voice a little bit of course, they argument dies down and Jace starts to caress Clary's check and I can't help but grin. But I had to look away because they started kissing, when I looked back they stopped and I walked to them.

"Clary, I'm not coming with you, I have to see Alec."

"What? but you're Simon's best friend too."

"Alec's my mate" I announce.

"Your what?" She asks me confused.

"My soulmate, he's the person I'm destined to love and stay with for the eternity. My father was my mother's mate. And Alec is mine."

"That's fantastic, have you told him?"

"No, I haven't, I'm waiting for the right moment."

"Okay go, if Simon asks for you, I'll find something to say." She smiles then walks away.

"Let's go." Jace tells me tense and I nod my face becoming serious.

Once we arrived at the Institute everything seemed to be fine.

Maryse and a man walked towards us. He had little resemblance to Max so I guessed it would be their father.

"Robert Lightwood." He presented himself giving me his hand. I knew it.

"Emilia Gemstone, nice to meet you." I shook his hand and he smiled tightly. The Lightwood parents seemed tense I was gonna live.

"You can stay" Maryse said and I came back to my place.

"We're being sent back to Idriss." Robert say.

"What? Why?" Jace asks surprised.

"The Clave has ordered us to come back, we're not sure why." Jace nodded and we walked away, we found the siblings talking in the training room, they had changed the glass so it wasn't cracked anymore.

"Hey. You all right?" Jace asks when we see Alec.

"I was so worried." I walk to him and open my arms for a hug but he steps back. It hurt, it really did. "Okay so no hug." I walk back next to Jace who stood alongside Izzy. Both of them were frowning, surely because it was odd how Alec rejected me.

"I'm fine." He doesn't look at me.

"We just spoke to Robert and Maryse. They're being sent back to Idris." Jace informs and I nod still looking at him. I'm trying to get him to look at me but it doesn't work.

"What?" Izzy asks

"Yeah." I confirm

"Another order from Lydia?" Izzy said sarcastically.

"Who's Lydia?" Jace asks curiously.

"She's in charge of the Institute." Izzy responded.

"She's what?"

"Temporarily." Alec's corrects.

"And now she's convinced the Clave that Mom and Dad aren't doing their job?" Izzy questions.

"Maybe they aren't. The Institute was under their control when the Forsaken got in." Alec tells us. What is happened? He completely changed in a span of 10 hours.

"What are you talking about?"Jace asks.

"Mom and dad were members of the Circle."

"What? They don't have Circle runes." Izzy remarks.

"That's because they made a deal with the Clave prior to the Uprising. In exchange for their cooperation, they were pardoned." Alec explained

"You're questioning their loyalty?" Izzy interrogates.