17 💫Break Up💫

{This is like author+gulf POV}

In the morning Gulf felt.....scratch that he didn't think he could feel anymore . Yeah I am sure you are like 
Seriously Gulf? It was just a guy and you were pretending from the beginning anyway and its only been 2 weeks , how can you be so affected. 

You don't get it , Mew had somehow managed to get past all his walls and given him the hope that he actually had a chance to be happy. He had been controlling himself from falling too hard until that night , but when he heard Mew's apparently sincere confession It was as though something was unlocked in him.  

So right now, after a night full of tears and pain and overthinking he felt numb . It was like he was so emotionally affected and broken that he couldn't comprehend it anymore. 

Vaguely resembling a zombie he went about his daily routine getting ready for school , Why couldn't he bunk? He needed attendance for his scholarship . Education comes before his Emotions . 
In college he tried to listen to the class , maybe he felt like if he refused to face the truth he wouldn't suffer. So he tried to pretend that nothing was wrong.
-----during Lunch----

His feet had out of habit bought him to the place in the garden where they used to meet before going for lunch. 
He stood there for a full minute staring into nothing before shaking himself out of his reverie and was about to leave when suddenly he heard - "Kana! Hey sorry I was late "

Gulf just stared at him with hollow eyes not knowing how to react when he saw Mew grinning at him like everything was perfectly fine. 

"Well go on , We have to break up remember?" Gulf could have sworn that he just saw him wink but he was not in the mental state to consider that. 
It took him a few seconds to realise what Mew was talking about 
Oh the breakup , Luke, blackmail, scholarship  

I did all this for  not losing my scholarship , I can't risk things now . Better to end it cleanly.  
Gulf thought as he decide to ignore the pain in his heart . 
So he began , 
"Mew....Lets break Up . " 
"What ? Gulf Why? " UGH that sounded so fake 
"You know very well why Mew, I thought your image of being a playboy was false but it seems like that's all you did with me, was it fun playing me? Feeding me lies and making me trust you while I was nothing but a fling to you?! Did you have fun messing with my heart - "  Gulf's voice grew louder and louder as he continued not knowing when he went from pretend break up lines to spilling his actual feelings
Mew face went from normal to slightly confused then suddenly seemed to get clarity and then widened in shock when he saw tears pooling in Gulf's eyes. He seemed to want to say something but Gulf had no intent to end his rant. Seeing Mew in front of him his pain was all temporarily converted to anger and intent to hurt.
"- You could have told me at any point , literally any point that you did not have any feelings towards me so that I could have atleast been prepared , But no ! you had to lie to me , even had to go over and above to reassure me that I could trust you . You think it was easy for me? I felt so vulnerable...to you Mew... I trusted YOU!  I should have known , I think I just don't deserve happiness. Go be happy with someone with the same social status as you!  " Gulf turned and stalked off as dignifiedly possible , He could see Luke staring at him from the corner of his eyes but he wasn't concerned by that currently . He wanted to run away to some place far away and scream into the air to release all his trapped emotions. He could hear Mew calling after him but ignored it. They were done.

He decided to risk his attendance and left college, and aimlessly wandered the streets after switching off his phone to avoid unnecessary calls. 

Please let me be irresponsible for once , I want to be able to express my frustrations without worrying about the consequences. 

Pretense| MewGulfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें