#01: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐈𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘

Mulai dari awal

Yet, in the corner of your eye, you caught sight of your manger, tapping the face of his watch.

Showtime.

You bit your lip as a somber wave washed over your shoulders. "But um...I-I can't stay on the phone too long, it's almost showtime! I'll be home late tonight again but it'll be big bucks! We can finally get that tv from Best Buy!"

"Okay Mom," Celeste hummed. "Give the guys a show and I'll leave you some food in the fridge!"

You blew her a kiss through the phone before placing the phone back onto its dish, ending the call with a sigh.

A wave of subtle guilt washed over your being as you leaned into the mirror of your vanity. You didn't want to be at the burlesques club right now, your ten-year-old daughter needed you more.

You had a lot to deal with, college, bills, and a child. Being 26 sucked, but the money you made it all the more understanding.

"Hey girl!" Shaunie, a close friend of yours called from behind you." "Hey Shaunie, how's the crowd looking tonight?" You asked, turning towards the sound of her voice. "It's packed alright, apparently we got some rich man with us tonight too!"

"A rich man, aren't they all rich girl?" You questioned her. It costs a few hundred dollars to get a seat at the shows, especially when you were on stage.

The men all called you "The Impossible Wife". No matter how many men approached you, you turned everyone down. They liked the thought of you, but never the real you.

"Y/N, you know damn well what I mean. He's rich rich, so you better show out tonight!" Shaunie giggled as she slumped her arms around your shoulders.

The two of you stared at your reflections for a few minutes. The pearls on your necks, the blinding bralettes, to the way your hair fell past your shoulders.

Such a false but beautiful fantasy.

"GIRLS YOU'RE ON IN TWO, Y/N GET TO YOUR SPOT!" The coordinator yelled as he ran through the hallway. You stood right up from your chair and slid the black silk robe over your body.

"Looking good babes, better keep that smile on those pretty lips!" Shaunie shouted as she gave you a quick smack on the ass.

You kissed your teeth at Shaunie before rushing up the stairs to go backstage. The click of your six-inch jeweled sandals made the frantic scene of preparation standstill. "Are we ready?" You asked the crew with your infamously sweet smile.

That same smile made hundreds of men empty their wallets in a heartbeat. Pays to be pretty right?

"U-um y-yes Miss, come stand on the platform here," a stage guide directed you. You took his hand into your own, the song of night slipping through your lips.

"Have a good show!" the guide whispered to you as he flipped the lever from off to on. You began to rise into the open square above you, where a whole new world was awaiting you.

"Tonight we have a special treat for you all, Sin City's favorite girl, Y/N!" The announcer's voice boomed throughout the club. Soon, all the lights merged onto you, the eyes of the crowd following.

There you stood, at the top of the staircase, nothing but the lights bouncing off your dress in the darkness.  You slowly raised your arms above your head, your hips dipping to the beat of the song. With a deep breath, you parted your lips and revealed the voice that could move millions.