S2 | southwestward

—

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑
an attack on titan fanfic by : ARL3RTS

THE WESTERN TEAM VISITED CONNIES VILLAGE, galloping through the rough territory. "connie, slow down!" you shout but he ignores you, "there could be titans everywhere" reiner backs you up but connie continues to gallop as he approaches his hometown, his eyes widen and his face turns pale.

while looking through the town, you noticed that the horses were damaged but not to the extent. they could still be used to ride out of danger if needed. also, something else caught your eye. there was no blood stains, no body parts, and the houses were empty. "hello! is anyone there? it's me, connie! i'm back" connie shouts but gets no response.

connie sweats and then remembers his house, "my home! it's right over here!" he takes off on his horse, "dad..mom..sunny..martin!" connie finally reaches his house and gasps in shock. a titan with skinny limbs, blonde hair, golden eyes laid on top of his old house. connie was at a lost for words as reiner finally caught up with him.

"move back, connie." reiner warned, grabbing onto connie's arm to move away but he doesn't move an inch, "my house... my.." connie mutters, "connie.." reiner let's go of his arm. at this point gelgar walks up to the pair, "fall back!" a soldier then flies by, "i'll monitor the area!" gelgar starts to sweat and then looks at the titan, "wait.. it can't move?"

"not with those limbs." gelgar points out the titans weak arms and legs, "then... how" reiner stutters, "how did it even get here..?" connie continues to stare at the titan that rested on his old home, "connie did you find any survivors?" you state while bertoldt and reiner catch up with you, "no, not a single one." a single tear drops from his eye, "is this the end?"

more tears start escaping his eyes, "my hometown... it's gone." reiner looks at connie with sadness in his eyes as he walks over to him and places his hand on connie's shoulder, bertoldt gives him a side eye as gelgar runs over to them, "somethings wrong!" a female soldier walks over and finishes his sentence, "did anyone find any bodies?"

each of them shake their heads as reiner sighs, bertoldt takes his eyes of the two as he replies, "no. i haven't." gelgar pushes his eyebrows together, "that's impossible. titans have been here and yet there isn't a single drop of blood.."

"they must've all escaped!" you intervened, "that means nobody was eaten, they got away safely! including your family" you look over at reiner as connie smiles, "that sounds believable, it's hard to think titans came here if there isn't any blood." gelgar goes quite, 'if anything that's unbelievable. if the entire village was evacuated then why are the horses still here, let alone why were the houses destroyed if nobody was inside? if they tried to escape without the horses then they would have a very little chance of survival.