Jesus Freak

Tommy never seemed to please anyone. Everyone seemed to want to mold him into somebody else. He wasn't sure who he really was anymore, and didn't much care to find out. But anyways, when you were a teenager, you weren't supposed to know who you were. 

So maybe it was alright. But what he did know is he wanted to be a famous rock star, like Tom Scholz or Steve Walsh. But according to Hedwig, he'd be just like David Bowie or Iggy Pop, people he had grown to appreciate. He loved Hedwig. She was so beautiful and different. She had so much fire, and so much soul. Thank God Dad had somehow found her to be a suitable babysitter. That seemed to be the only good thing Dad ever did.

 Tommy was just walking home from Hedwig's, humming a new Lou Reed song he had discovered. No sooner had he entered his house than he was met with his parents screaming at each other. His dad took notice of him entering the door.

"Thomas-"

"Don't call me that."

"I don't approve of all the time you spend with the babysitter. She's taking care of your brother, not you."

Tommy supposed it was inappropriate. But wasn't that what made it fun?

"But Hedwig is great, Dad. She's so cool."

"Stop it!"

General Speck stomped over to his son and slapped him across the face. "Ow!" Why had he done that? He hated his fucking father, fucking hated him. "Your father's right, Thomas," said his mother, that sociopath, making some stupid attempt to maybe resolve whatever argument she and his dad were having. She was cooking dinner like a good housewife. 

Tommy, crying, wiped his tears away. He wouldn't deal with this anymore. "I think that Hedwig lady is putting thoughts into your head," said his mother. "I hear you sing that David Bowie. David Bowie is a homosexual, Thomas, and homosexuality is a sin. God will punish you if you continue these behaviors."

"Jesus wouldn't." Tommy wasn't quite sure what he was, but he knew that Jesus would love him no matter what. "Besides, Dad punishes me enough." He glared at that sick piece of shit. "Thomas!" A vein in Dad's head bulged. "You will stop seeing her. She's turning you homosexual. No son of mine is gonna be a sissy, you hear? Y'see? Why did we hire her as a babysitter, Susan? Nothing but a tramp."

Tommy cried. "That's not true! And who cares? Who CARES what she is? All I know is I hate you! You make me wish I was dead, and Hedwig is life itself! If you want a good son, let me have her!"

And he ran. "Hedwig is life itself..." Was this fucking Romeo and Juliet? God, he was pathetic. He was a sissy. But Hedwig would make sure he wouldn't feel that way.

A/N: It's been ages but I'm back! Life is mean.