⁰¹, a deal with the devil

01

I STRUCK A MATCH AND BLEW YOUR MIND
( but I didn't mean it, and you didn't see it )

══════════════════

TWO WEEKS BEFORE

TWO WEEKS BEFORE

SHE KNEW A LOT ABOUT THE WORLD. one of the dirty truths was that people who fought didn't usually get their way. Estelle Tudor was one of the examples of the paradox of the world. green eyes and freckles shouldn't be in a dark, cold room, basically tied to a wall. She felt like a dog.

It was cold too, cold and wet on her feet, where they hit the tile, water pooling around her bare feet as it fell down the drain, swirling with bits of red that fell from her nose.

SHIELD, or so the world thought, were the good guys. They were the saviors that the world needed, but their insides were darkened with corruption and blood, deep red compared to the golden the world saw.

The employees that worked for SHIELD probably didn't even know that this was down here.

Tessa was seated in the dark cell, on her bed, though one wouldn't call it as such. There was no mattress, it was meer wood with a sheet that didn't keep her warm. It didn't matter if she could do that herself, there were plenty of others who couldn't do so.

It wasn't fair, though noting was, really and it wasn't anything to cry about. She wasn't trying to do anything bad by doing what she did, but here she was stuck in this dark, musty, probably moldy cell with low air quality and florescent lights that stung her eyes and buzzed so much so that they were often off.

With the inescapable sound of screams of the other prisoners who committed dirty deeds, she couldn't sleep. That was the reason she was seated with water pooled around her feet, sliding down the drain in the dirty tile swirled with crimson that dripped from her nose to the ground. It was a waiting game. A waiting game until someone gave her food or took her from the cell to do more of the excruciating tests that left her shaking and sweating, pale and whimpering (four things that she wasn't proud of).