Break Through Odds

Start from the beginning

"Hunter. I'm you're brother's wife. We're family now. You don't don't have to do this." Although I was almost having an anxiety attack on the inside, I tried to sound calm.

"Really. But I do." Hunter grunted straight at my face and started turning back.

"No. Please stop Hunter. Stop doing this to me." I said that as loudly as I could. No I should try to be more circumspective here. I'm not so sure how, but somehow I was able to get rid of his grip.

Hunter stopped at that very spot and turned around facing me. He was literally burning in his own wrath.

"I'm not your own customized lifeless toy, Hunter." I spoke softly and carefully, constantly reminding myself that I'm dealing with Ethan.

"I'm a living human, with dignity. Particularly I'm you're family. You don't get to treat me like trash. You shouldn't. And deep down you know that I'm right. Snap out of your villain zone. You don't wanna do this, Hunter."

Well I have to appreciate the amount of courage I had at that moment. Hunter gazed at me intensely with his piercing blue orbs. He stood there for a very long minute before he stormed off towards the garage. I stood there watching him leave the property in a car. It took me few seconds to process my environment. I took a deep, relaxing breath to calm myself and walked my way towards the house.

I'm worried where he's headed, or what he is up to. Did he really think about what I said? Is this a progress or better even a breakthrough? I wish it was. After all, that is Ethan. I hope he comes home safe and sane. All these interpretations seems inevitable at my current mental state. I try not to focus on my thinking, however I couldn't.

What strikes me the most was his eyes, the way he started at me. It was cold and dark but there was something striking in his look. I saw something beyond all those stern atitude and cold villain look. There was pain. Soo much pain which is why he's probably turned numb towards his feelings. And I think I triggered something that was hidden deep inside. I'd do anything that would help Ethan out of this misery.

I walked inside the house with both confusion and a tad bit happiness that something I tried actually kinda worked, and as I rushed my way upstairs I bounced into Elise.

"Savannah? What is it sweety? Why are you in a hurry? Is something wrong?" Elise looked at me, all worried.

"No. No Elise. Everything's fine. Actually it's not just fine, but for the first time I think it's going pretty good." I paused for a second or two realising how he had left me without causing harm, which was a good sign. Then I continued.

"I listened to Karen. And I think it actually worked." After which I elaborated the whole happenings to her.

"Thanks to Karen. If not for her I would've probably been hiding somewhere or would've ended up getting caught." I could see that she was glad that I was happy, but it was clear that she was not happy about what happened, but she never admits it cause she cares more about our happiness than her's. But why would she not want this to happen. It's a good thing right? Or atleast that's what I've been thinking. However I didn't make any effort to understand what she was thinking, cause my head was already fully occupied.

I have to talk to someone. And oh, speaking off, firstly I should talk to Adele the both of us have a lot of catching up to do. We haven't spoken since my wedding. She just left few voice mails saying she didn't wanna disturb our happy days. Okay I know that sounds funny, given our current scenario. She's gonna freak out when she comes to know what happened.

I'll have to explain everything in detail before I could discuss anything with her but before that I just need to clear my head. For starters, I think I'll speak to Karen, or Hannah maybe.