Towers of Zoltah

Since the beginning, we the sentries, have kept watch over the cosmos while observing events from the heights of our trye stone towers - stretching up from the ground and reaching beyond the clouds at the farthest ends of the sky. From the eruption of rivers, the rise of mountains and even the falling of stars – we witnessed it all. But as time went on, a great number among us fell, as most were enticed by the allure of something far more enthralling; that of newly birthed civilizations – in Noria, on Earth and others in Adyssia. As a result, only Zoltah still has guardians watching over her. Each of us, twelve in all, are the last of a dying creed. And I am afraid to say, throughout the ages I have witnessed the light in the others' eyes, slowly fade. However, I cannot forthrightly state that I lay the blame squarely upon their shoulders.

Although these towers are sturdy, and built from enchanted stone to withstand any and all attacks, magical or otherwise, they offer little to no recompense from our endless toil. A bronze, circular platform where each of us stand when watching over Zoltah, is raised atop a ringed golden outer deck- affixed with diamond railings around the entire length of the circular towers. And while the domed ceilings are enchanted to display one's fondest memory, we hardly ever look up any longer, as the sweet kiss of remembrance oftentimes feels like the bitter sting of regret – taunting us, haunting us.

On occasion, we use a magical bridge known as the bifrost to link each other's decks and thereby walk across. But it is scarcely used since it is kept under the charge of our Elder - a sentry named Heimdall, and he decides when and for how long to join the towers.