year five: detentions

Start from the beginning

"'Ope!" exclaimed Celine, her bubbly personality shining through her words. "Are you 'eading down to zat 'ut?"

"Yeah, does Lettie have the--" Hope paused, eyeing Harry suspiciously as she continued. "The study guide for Potions?"

Celine Picard's eyebrows furrowed, about to reach into her pocket. "I do not understand. I zought we were--"

"Harry," interrupted Vera Zippel, saving Celine from exposing their plans. "You look nervous over there. Are you nervous?"

"Oh, Vera, hi." Harry managed to say, his face turning a shade of red. His flustered expression made his godsister groan. "You look, well you always, you are dashing?"

"Dashing?"

Hope facepalmed, before wrapping a sisterly arm around Harry's shoulders. "You, dear brother, I need to teach you to flirt. Merlin."

Confusion laced Vera's features for a few seconds, as she looked from the Lupin-Black girl to the Potter boy, before she exclaimed. "Oh! Are you two siblings? I had no idea. You two don't look much alike."

"Godsiblings, but yeah--"

"My parents are dead, so we're practically full siblings." he stated, causing everyone's eyes to go wide for a few seconds. "Don't worry, my dead parents wouldn't mind though. I mean, they're dead--"

"Harry!"

The Picard girl's laughter echoed through the corridor before she hugged Hope and patted Harry's head. "We'll see you in a bit, 'Ope. I'd offer you 'elp, 'Arry, on ze flirting. But, you are 'opeless."

And with those last few words, the two Ravenclaw girls headed off to Hagrid's Hut, giggling the entire way there, leaving an embarrassed Harry and amused Hope. The Potter boy only kicked the brick wall, cursing beneath his breath.

"I really just said that," he said, almost directly to himself. "Why in Merlin's name would you let me say that?!"

"Poor Uncle James and Aunt Lily," she laughed, holding her stomach as she doubled over. "I mean they don't mind, they're dead."

He only glared his green eyes before changing the subject completely. "Has Angelina talked to you? She gave me a whole lecture this morning."

Hope only nodded slowly, before shrugging her shoulders. "She's mad at us for sure, more at me than you. I mean, I'm co-captain. I shouldn't be getting mad and getting detention like I used to. I'm nowhere near Oliver's level of captain."

"No one blames you--"

"I blame me--"

"Wait," Harry paused, turning towards his godsister. "What was Celine talking about? About going down to Hagrid's?"

The Lupin-Black girl froze in her tracks, thinking of whether or not to reveal her true plans. Deep in her mind, she knew that Harry and everyone else suspected that she hadn't been telling the truth about anything, and they had every right to believe so. All Hope desperately wanted was them to ignore her actions, and let her do what she wanted.

"Uh, I just want to go check on Hagrid's garden." she attempted to lie, nodding her head along as if she was confirming the information in her mind. "You know, go hangout there while he's gone, that way we can make sure nothing's wrong."

The Potter boy only cocked a brow, before letting out a dark chuckle. "What about that Potions study guide of yours?"

"Harry," whispered Hope, realizing her lie wasn't sufficient enough. "Just stay out of it, please?"