Chapter 11: Busy day

Start from the beginning

The dude that works there though is actually so creepy. He talks to gnomes as responds as if they're talking back.

——————

We walk into Ruby's house a bit late considering how far away we were. Ruby has a dance choreography that he wants to teach us. He demanded we be there, we didn't have a choice.

"Sorry we're late." Says Jamal as the two of us walk though the door.

"Silencio!" Yells Ruby. "No one what's to hear your excuses! Look at Cesar! Or don't. The point is he takes time in life or death situations to be prompt and you don't." He says rather aggressively. "Everybody again. From the top!" He demands.

Jamal and I quickly move to stand into a line with everyone else. Ruby then demonstrates his dance and we try copy. Well Cesar is on his phone and everyone else is literally not even doing it right. They're doing something completely different. Jamal spins in a circle and Monse puts her arms up to her face.

"It's a square people." Groans Ruby.

"Oh dear god it's not that hard." I say my friends who I'm sure aren't even attempting to give it a real go.

"Thank you Jamila. And see she knows how to do it and she only just got here!" Says Ruby.

Suddenly the music changes and now it's something upbeat.

I don't know it so I just stand there and assess. Olivia also gives up and Jamal and Monse do their own little dances.

"You're not even trying!" Yells Ruby.

"Ruby, you and Jamila are naturals, we're not." Says Olivia.

"If you actually try you might get it." I say sitting on the couch because I give up.

"Exactly!" Yells Ruby.

"We need an easier routine-" Starts Olivia.

"Or no routine." Cuts in Monse.

"I agree with Monse." I vote.

"Nonsense. You just need practice." Says Ruby in a calmer tone. "And I have some back up, she should be here any minute."

"Who?" Asks Monse.

"The talent bitches! Hey!" Says Jasmine walking through the door.

"And I'm out." I say standing up.

"Wait, what? No, you can't leave." Says Ruby.

"Odd numbers. If I leave it'll be even. So bye homes." I say walking out the door.

I hear the goodbyes of my friends except for Ruby.

"Fine we don't need you!" Shouts Ruby.

"Yeah we don't need her." I hear Jasmine agree.

——————

After like a 15 minute walk I am now just a couple houses down from mine.

"Hey mami!" Shouts a voice I've been waiting to hear.

I walk into Oscars yard and see he sits on a single chair beside the couch.

"Hey." I smile as I sit on his lap.

He places a kiss on my lips as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Where's my brother?" I ask as we pull apart.

"Had to run an errand." He says licking his lips. "So where have you been?" He asks as his eyes flicker down to my lips.

"Ruby's. He forcing us to learn some sort of dance he made up. But no ones into it." I sigh.

"Hm." He hums as his eyes flicker to my lips again.

"You know, if you want to kiss me just do it." I whisper.

He crashes his lips onto mine but it's short lived.

"Let's go inside."

I get off his lap and we walk inside and into his room.

He shuts the door before immediately attaching his lips to mine. My arms wrap around his neck as he hooks his hands under my thighs.

He hoists me up as he walks over to his bed. He lays me down before getting on top of me. My legs wrap around his waist as his hands roam over my body.

He starts kissing my neck and I move my head to give him more access.

Suddenly a knock at the door interrupts us.

"What?" Growls Oscar.

"We have a problem." Says a voice.

Oscar sighs deeply.

"Well duty calls."