The Dream

Matthew stood in a vast snow covered area. He didn’t remember the place, but he knew he’d been here before. He walked for hours, trying to find the way back home. But he didn’t feel like he wanted to go back, he would rather be on the mountain, away from everyone, away from the life he led down there. He kept walking…And walking……and walking.After hours of walking around in what seemed to be circles, a strange figure walked closer in the distance. At first it seemed human, but as it got closer Mathew noticed something odd.The creature wore a hood and robe he couldn’t see its face, but he could tell something was odd about it. He quickly hid behind a rock, and watched the creature pass. After regaining his courage, he walked out from behind the rock to discover that the creature was gone.Then he noticed the tracks.As he crouched lower, he got even more confused.The tracks were scratched out, as if the creature was dragging something behind him/her, he couldn’t make out much, but as he followed the tracks, every now and then he would spot a strange marking……Like one of a wolf’s paw.Then suddenly after following the marks for what seemed to be hours, they went to a tree and stopped before disappearing. Confused, he walked and peered around the tree, only to find nothing.He had lost it.He sat on a nearby rock, shivering vigorously, and thought for a moment, there was something he was missing, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.Then, he realized what he was missing.He walked back up to the fur tree, and tried to look up through the branches. He then called out:“Anyone up there?” “Please help me I’m lost” “I know your there…”As if in reply he thought he heard something, something in the back of his mind… laughter.He looked around tried to pinpoint its location of origin, but it seemed to only be in one place… in his mind. He questioned whether the cold was affecting his sanity, until he heard a voice in his mind:“If you want me to help you Mathew, you’re going to have to prove yourself first.”He looked around before saying: “what do you want me to do?”