ch. 9 | chit chat with mr. number 1

"young midoriya, would you..like to be a hero?"

never did all might expect the greenette's reactions. he never anticipated needing to give a talk, nor did he ever want to say his back story. he didnt come to the conclusion he would hear the boy's sob story.

"no."

midoriya's eyes of happiness fell, dull and numb.

"..why?" all might is curious. the boy got into ua, why not transfer? he's smart witted and had created many gadgets some wouldnt even try to make out of the frustration of failing.

"your cool and all number one, for a while..i admired you. i admired you so much some called it obsession. of course, with my 'small' little obsession to become a great pro like you, some--if not many highly doubted me." midoriya's face twisted and became unpleasant with every word he said.

"but, you should never let anyone decide your fate except yourself!" all might's smile grew, his teeth a pearly white.

"drop the act number one. you can 'deflate' yknow." midoriya's face darkened, while all might was taken a back. "what do you mean young midoriya?" all might asked, sweating ever so slightly. 

"if you dont want to thats fine. but, i know. i know your time is almost up." midoriya said. 

the room was barely lit, only enough for the two to see them selves. all might sat on a couch and in front of him, a metal stool, where deku sat. a couple plants and cabinets surrounded the area, but aside from that it was just a regular storage room.

all might's smile fell, ever so slightly. deciding that the boy knew enough, he deflated. 

"how..how did you know..this?"

"..dont tell me you forgot number one!" deku chuckled loudly. all might sat in confusion, a little scared.

"pft- oh..you were serious? all- number one, you saved me remember! from the slug-..? sludge villain! then i clung onto you and you flew to the top of a tall building! then you turned into this, and i asked if i could be a hero, even without a quirk! but..you said be realistic. isnt this realistic number one? im not in the hero course anymore!" midoriya croaked in weird tone, he was sad, to say the least.

"so that was you..i knew i recognized you from somewhere.." all might blabbed his thoughts.

"can i go now? my friends are-"

"i can pass on my quirk to you.-"

"dont want it."

"young midoriya, i know you know this better than anyone, but i was once quirkless too! until, my master, gave me this quirk, its a sacred torch passed on through generation to generation. so that i could fullfill my dream to become a hero!" all might buffed himself up again with his last sentence, quickly loosing his form and coughing blood.

"great sob story, really, im glad to hear all about it." deku faked clapped, then continued, "older me probably wouldve cried, bowed down to you and accepted the offer in a heart beat. but heres the thing number one, im already happy with the life im living in. i no longer long for a hero occupation. and if i take your quirk, i'd be moving to the hero course. so, no thanks." midoriya tries to storm out, but is grabbed by all might's arm.

"then tell me, why you've been calling me 'number one' instead of 'all might' young midoriya." toshinori asks, his brows furrowing. letting loose on his grip towards midoriya.

midoriya stops to think for a while, remembering all the time bakugo and his little lackeys bullied him for liking all might, and all might in particular.

"no reason. number one suits you more, especially when you dont look 'all might' in your true form. thats the harsh truth. well, my matchup is next. bye, number one." midoriya criticized, and waved his goodbye, slightly slamming the storage room door for the heck of it.

all might stood stunned.

----------

round two consisted of bondo and kaminari where kaminari won.

round three consisted of uraraka and yaoyorozu, yaoyorozu won.

current winners:

- iida

- kaminari

- yaoyorozu

---------

a/n: deep. deep chapter. 

im realizing i can talk to yall here so like who do yall want bakugo to fight? im thinking kirishima or asui, but if yall have any suggestions lmk in the comments. if not i'll go with those two

stay safe yall goodbye!!

- justice