The Self-Destruct Button

Start from the beginning

"What was that about?" Meredith asks, clearly confused on why I'm even associating with Alex Karev.

"Oh nothing," I lie and I start to get changed.

"I'm going to need a major rush to make it through this day. I really need a kick-ass surgery," George says while shoving his clothes into his tiny locker.

"Ooh did someone finally get some action?" Alex asks while slamming his locker door shut.

"That would have to be Meredith," I tell him. Meredith gives me a dirty look before huffing.

"You a bad girl, Meredith?" Alex asks, walking over to her and smirking in her face.

"Do tell," Cristina says with eyes wide.

"Nothing to tell," Meredith lies.

"All I can say is I saw him walk out this morning and he really looked quite familiar, just couldn't use my head to think about it much longer," I hint. Izzie looks at me angrily while George sighs.

"That says it all huh?" Cristina asks. Izzie slams her locker door really loud, obviously trying to change the topic.

"Sorry I have a sex life and you guys don't," Meredith says while giving me another dirty look.

"Don't apologize for it. Embrace it. Share it. Hell, even count me in. I'll have to think on it of course," Alex says while smirking at me, clearly picking up my hint about Derek.

"Yeah, next time, just let us know if we need to go to a hotel so Rachel and I can get some sleep in quiet," Izzie says. Her and George walk out and Alex and I follow after them. Meredith and Cristina stay in the locker room for a few more seconds. After they come out, we all wait in the hallway for Bailey. I get glares from Izzie, George, and Meredith while Alex has his arm around my shoulder again.

Bailey finally walks down the hallway, Meredith yawns. "O'malley, Lopez, Karev, go on to the clinic," Bailey orders. Great, this should make for a very interesting day. Alex smirks at me and I smirk back. When I turn around I can see George glaring at us. I just fake smile at him before looking back at Alex. I watch Derek putting eye drops in through the window. "O'Malley, patients are waiting. You come with me. Izzie you're going to be hanging with me today. Good morning, Dr. Shepherd," Bailey continues.

"Dr. Bailey. Late night Dr. Grey?" Derek asks. Alex nudges me and I just nod. Now he actually knows.

"No, caffeine just hasn't kicked in quite yet," she claims. I just roll my eyes, knowing that she's lying.

"If you're at all religious, you would want to start praying as soon as it does kick in. There's a consult in the pit today. Girl with a fever and abdominal pain. After that, Nicholas 3311 needs his meds. Mr. Moeller's IV fell out, and he's a hard stick. Post-ops in 1337, 3342, 3363, and 2381. Why are you all still standing in front of me?" The three of us head down to the clinic, not saying a word to each other. Alex still has his arm wrapped around me, George walks behind us.

We don't even make it to the clinic when we see a man being admitted into the hospital bleeding. "Digby. Digby Owens. I have an appointment," the bleeding man says.

"Excuse me, Sir, uh, you're bleeding. You mind if I..." Alex says while lifting up his shirt to see the wound. "That's a gunshot," Alex points.

"We got a gunshot wound. We need to get him down to the pit," I order. Cristina runs up to us out of nowhere with a wheelchair in her hands.

"Sit Mr..." George says, not being able to remember the patient's name.

"Uh, Digby. All right, but it isn't an emergency. I scheduled it," the patient says.