Chapter 15

I was woken up by the transport hitting a speed bump. My eyes fluttered open to behold a gorgeous site. The sun playing a game of peek-a-boo through the palm trees of St. Thomas. It must be sunset because the atmosphere was drowsy and euphoric. I look up at Fabian to see him looking right back at me. 

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," his eyes gleaming playfully, "Sleep well?" 

"Oh shit! How long have I been out?" I say, checking my phone, but of course, it HAD to be updating. 

"Calm down, Preciosa. It's only been an hour."

"You speak Spanish? I thought everyone on the islands spoke English." I say, cocking an eyebrow. 

He chuckled at me, "My Abuela immigrated here from Puerto Rico. She basically raised me after my parents got deported. I was born in Florida during a visit to Disney World, so I'm a citizen."

"Wow. Now I feel like a bitch for growing up rich and famous." I took hold of his hand, "I'm always here if you need anyone to talk to."

He blushes at the contact, and so do I. Maybe I won't miss Zach as much as I thought I would. 

"FABIAN! FERRY TO ST. JOHN! GET OFF MY TRUCK!" The driver yelled. We laughed as he went to get my bag. We walk side by side, heading towards this big building with the blue paint well past its non-fading years. Once inside, I grab a pamphlet. St. John was wonderful. Fabian walks back to me, waving two tickets. I grin and follow him onto the boat. 

✧・゚: ✧・゚: The Ferry Ride is Over :・゚✧:・゚✧

"I'm so sorry to walk off again, but I need to go call one of my friends so they can pick us up." He really looks like he doesn't want to walk away again, but I force him to go, and he obeys.

I check my phone to see that it's done updating. I turn it on to see 12 missed messages and 4 missed calls from both Zach and Colton. Clicking on the messages from Zach, I begin to read.

✨🥵💋ZADDY💋🥵✨

11:34-"Hey! wanna meet up on St. John?"

11:36-"Elle?"

12:45-"Elle, it's been over an hour. y aren't u answering????"

1:03-  "I just talked to Moseby, and he said he saw some strange person in a hoodie leave the boat."

1:04- "Did they hurt u or something?"

1:15- "I just asked the ship's gc, and no one is with or seen u."

1:19- "Elle, I'm freaking out."

1:19- "Where are u?????"

1:23- "If ur even getting these, please meet me on St. John."

1:24- "I'm going to someplace called Papaya Cafe in the marketplace."

1:30- "Please meet me there at 4."

1:37- "I love you so much, Elle, and you're really scaring me. Please be ok. I love you. I love you. I love you."

I just kind of stand there in shock as Fabian walks back over to me, his black hair shifting in the island breeze. He reaches for my hand, and I allow him to take it. He leads me to this big black van, and I hesitated before getting into it. 

"You know, in New York, this would look very suspicious, right?" I laugh nervously. He chuckles, "I know it looks weird, but it's our most effective form of transportation from here to your mother. 

I look at my watch. It's 3:45. 

"Do you think that we could take a small detour? Maybe grab something to eat? I'll pay." I request looking at Fabian with my biggest puppy dog eyes ever.

"I guess, but you're not paying. I'll do my best to get a discount." He makes a goofy face, and I have a laugh attack. Then, still laughing, I get in the black van.

"So, what kind of food did you have in mind?" He asks casually. 

"Maybe a coffee shop? Are there any nearby?" 

"There's Papaya Cafe. It's the only one in the marketplace."

"That sounds great!"

✧・゚: ✧・゚: They arrive at Papaya Cafe:・゚✧:・゚✧

We get to the little shop, and Fabian goes to order while I take a seat at a vacant table. I still have my hoodie over my eyes and clothes that definitely aren't my style. I'm looking around when the doorbell rings and in walks Zach. He looks around frantically, clearly very distraught. He looks down at his watch, and so do I. The time is 4:04.

Zach looks for an open table, and that's when I realize. The only empty seat in the whole cafe is across from me. I quickly pull out my phone and divert my attention from the love of my life as he sits down. 

"Hey, Miss. Was there a girl here earlier? Tall, brown hair with highlights, blue eyes, a little pregnant?"

I keep looking down at my phone and answer, "Nope. Never saw anyone like that."

I take a small peek at Zach. He looks devastated. Defeated, he stands up and walks away. He turns back around and says, "Sorry for bothering you," in the saddest tone I've ever heard. 

While I sit there, heartbroken, Fabians comes to the table, clearly confused, while holding two cups of coffee, a chocolate muffin, and an almost ripe banana. 

"Who's the chico triste?" he asks.

"I'm sorry, what?" I respond.

"The sad boy. Sorry I forgot you're Spanish impaired," While he snickers at me, I playfully punch him in the arm, "But anyway, we should get going. We only have an hour till we're due at your mother's."

"Alrighty then," I reply as he leads me out of the cafe, I turn around one last time to see Zach sitting on the corner of the street, crying his eyes red.

✧・゚: ✧・゚: End of the Chapter:・゚✧:・゚✧

Do y'all wanna see something between Elle and Fabian??? Lemme know in the comments!!!!!

{Do u care: not at all}

{But in case you're curious, the word count is 975 English words I used from the dictionary, and now I'm determined to get it to one-thousand, so I  apologize I guess I'm OCD or something} 

these last 8 words got me to one thousand