(9)

Spencer and Olivia stood in the view of his front door holding each other for what seemed like forever. They went an additional two weeks without seeing each other, hugging each other, or kissing each other so this moment meant everything to them right now. Olivia's frame shivered under his hold as he rubbed her lower back. 

They pulled apart slightly to go inside noticing the temperature dropping. Spencer held out his hand and she placed it in hers and walked into his house closing and locking the door behind them. Spencer led Olivia to his bedroom closing it once they were in. Olivia dropped her purse by the bed, sitting on the edge holding her hands together. He joined her sitting beside her. Spencer had his head down as he looked at her. Their eyes finally met.

"I wasn't expecting you tonight"

"Surprise" She moved her shoulders up and down pretending to be excited.

"As happy as I am to see you, I have to ask...what made you come?" She swallowed hard looking down.

"To be honest...I don't really know why I'm here either...I guess I...missed you" Peering up at him.

"I missed you too..." He divulged. She gave him a half-smile before he took ahold of her hand, holding it in his lap.

"We have some decisions to make Liv"

"I know..." She whispered. His throat tightened as he built up the courage to ask her this next question.

"What do you want to do?"

"I really don't know Spence...I really don't..." She said feeling very conflicted. She moved over closer to him.

"What are you thinking?"

"I don't even know, just...we should've been more careful"

"To be fair Spencer, I don't think either one of us was prepared for what transpired between us. We didn't plan for this, it just happened in the heat of the moment. A very good one." She admitted. He lifted his eyes up to look at her.

"We didn't. If it's any consolation, it was the best part of my summer" She turned her head to look at him as he nudged her happily. She giggled under her breath blushing hard trying to hide her face so he wouldn't see. The room grew silent seconds later as they both contemplated what's next for them.

"Spencer...can I be honest about something?"

"Of course," She took a deep breath bracing herself for his reaction to her moment of truth.

"We can't have this baby. Part of me really wants to, and I want you to believe me when I say this but were not ready. I know were one year away from eighteen, but we have a whole life ahead of us. You're going to blow up with your football career, college, and then there's me, who knows what I can get into with my podcast and dancing, there's plenty of time for us to be parents. I just don't think that time is now..." She confessed as he looked away from her letting the words sink in. He remained silent staring at the wall in front of him.

"Spencer...please...say something..." She tilted her head to the side to try and read the expression on his face. He sat next to her in silence not knowing what to say. His feelings about this scenario were in major conflict with the unaware emotions he had towards a child that wasn't born yet, that was his.

"I don...I don't uh...know how to respond to that Liv" He mumbled over his words.

"Don't tell me what you think I want to hear. Tell me how you really feel. I want to know" She lifted his chin up making him look at her, resting her hand on his shoulder. He cleared his throat before speaking.