99

Suha Koroma is a detective at the Ninety-Ninth Brooklyn Precinct, soon to be Sergeant (hopefully). She didn't keep many secrets, and especially not from the people she loved. But there were two, quite large secrets she'd managed to keep from said group of people so far.

Secret one being:

She's bisexual.

She wasn't exactly hiding this fact, per say, it just never came up. And this was fact she'd known growing up, primarily from her crush on Cindy and Shelby in The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. She also always managed to avoid from speaking about her relationships, even when her mother blatantly asked her:

"Aibnat mataa satatzuj?"

Or rather "Daughter, when are you getting married?, at her and Suha's father's anniversary party. She steered the conversation towards ducks. She doesn't remember how, but she did it. Sure, her family nickname is "Ducky" now, but that's a small price to pay to avoid personal questions.

And it wasn't like she wanted to be single. She just was. She didn't really have time for the attention and time that needs to be put into a relationship. Along with her regular hours, she'd been picking up some overtime to be able to donate to some charities she held near and dear. And on top of that, studying for her Sergeant's exam, and then not stopping to study for her Lieutenant's Exam. Thus, relationships were a sore and touchy spot for her. A spot her brother could not resist prodding with a stick.

"Ducky," He'd say, "Why don't you get a boyfriend, And I'll try not to get a girlfriend?"

Suha would flip him off and tell him he should take a long walk off a short pier. Not too loud though. No one wants to be hit by the sandal.

It was true though. Wazir always seemed to have some sort of date every time there was a family get together.

She'd never say it aloud, but she'd always think Ask me about a girlfriend next time. 

She probably wouldn't have one of those either, but hey, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Secret two:

She was maybe... kind of.... Pining after her coworker, Rosa.

Suha noticed her on her first day at the precinct. How could she not?

She was sitting at her desk when Suha walked into the bullpen. A man she came to know as Jake Peralta was standing in front of the Bullpen gate.

"Sueehah?" He said, brutally murdering her poor name. Her mother would've had a heart attack.

"So-hah, Suha Koroma. Transfer from the 64th precinct. Newest detective." She reached out to shake his hand.

'64th Precinct? Hey, Amy!" The man yelled, calling for someone else.

"What, Jake?" An all too familiar voice said loudly, somewhere close.

"Come 'ere!" Jake, apparently, yelled again. "The crazy thing is, Amy's from the 64th too." Amy, presumably walked into her view.

"Santiago?" Suha said, surprised.

"Koro?" Amy said, lighting up. "Hey, Ii haven't seen you in a while, what are you doing here?"

"Working. I'm transferring here." Suha said, smiling at the brunette.

"Wait I thought your name was Suha Kooroma?" Jake asked, confused.

"Koroma, firstly. And Koro, as in Koromo." Suha rolled her eyes.

" OH, I get it. Anyways, I'll leave you two lovely ladies to catch up.' Jake flounced away.

"Uh, I gotta go, but someone can show you around. And we should catch up later!" Amy said, waving apologetically and walking off.