Chapter 1 - Sunrise

Start from the beginning

"Hana! Get down and let Y/N eat, please!" Y/n aunt's called out, a little annoyed. Y/n put Hana down and she scurried back to her seat with a giggle. Y/n sat down in her seat as her aunt promptly put a plate of food in front of her. 

The smell of fresh toast entered her nostrils. Her stomach suddenly seemed to drop as she pushed down a gulp. The warm feelings from before faded into nervousness and her breath became short. 

Y/n felt like throwing up.

"Don't tell me you're not hungry? I made all of this food for you" y/n's aunt said, raising an eyebrow.

"I am... Thank you for the food, it's just... I'm just nervous" y/n stuttered.

"We know, dear, just try and eat something. Some fruit at least, if you don't want the toast" she sighed.

Her uncle looked up and nodded in agreement. "That's right. You're gonna need your strength today, y/n."

Grudgingly, y/n forced herself to nibble at some toast and gobble down a couple of fruits to wash down with her coffee. 

"Can I do the U.A entrance exam too?" squeaked Hana as y/n set down her cup. 

"No, sweetheart" said y/n's exasperated aunt, " you're only seven."

"What about Jun?"

"He's eleven. Also too young"

At that point y/n checked the clock and almost jumped out of her chair. She only had 15 minutes to catch the train! She grabbed her plate and shoved it in the sink.

"Ah! Sorry, I need to go now or I'll miss my train!" Y/n announced to everyone. She speedily brushed her teeth, grabbed her backpack, shoes and ran to the door.

"Y/N!" y/n's aunt called out, arms crossed as she watched you go through the door.

"Yes?"

"Good luck today!" She said with a sympathetic smile. 

"Thank you."

"You know... your parents would be proud of you, dear" she called out right before y/n closed the door.

~

Y/n stood at the daunting gates of U.A High School. She gulped. This was really happening. She was going to take the U.A entrance exam. 

Here we go!

She stepped into the school and joined the rest of the examinees in the presentation hall. 

She took her seat around the middle top row of the large hall. Y/n then took the opportunity to scan the other examinees around her. It was slightly dark, but she could see all types of different kids.

This reassured her slightly, having expected to only see examinees who looked like they might have fighting style quirks. But still... a shiver went down her spine just knowing how many people were competing for the very limited spots at U.A.

"ARE YOU REEEAAAAAADYYYYYYYY?!?!?" suddenly screeched a familiar voice. Y/n's eyes widened as she looked to the stage and saw, not an alarm this time but the real thing, Present Mic! The leather-clad hero stood frozen, arms wide open as if expecting a cheer from the audience.

After a dead audience response, he proceeded to explain how the exam would be scored; examinees would need to defeat enemy bots in order to gain points; however, there was a 'zero point bot' to watch out for. 

Even if y/n hadn't understood Present Mic's instructions, a green-haired boy next to her repeated all of them as he excitedly muttering to himself. However, the boy was promptly scolded by another strict-sounding boy with glasses, causing him to go red from embarrassment. Y/n chuckled to herself. 

He must be a hero fanboy.

~

At the battle grounds, y/n took in a deep breath as she tried to calm herself just before the practical exam started. She and about 50 or so other examinees stood nervously at the gates of the battle centre, rolling out their wrists, warming up up anxiously on the spot. 

She then noticed that the green-haired boy was standing nearby. He must have been assigned to the same battle ground.

"Hey!" Y/n called out to the green-haired boy, causing him to jump a little.

"Y-yes?!" he answered, flustered.

"I was, uh, sitting next to you in the presentation" y/n said with a nervous smile. "I'm a little nervous too. I just want to say, um... good luck!"

The green-haired returned her nervous smile. 

"Oh, thank you! ...You too!" he stuttered.

Suddenly, Present Mic's voice screeched; "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!?! REAL HEROES DON'T WAIT FOR A BATTLE TO START!!" - shocking everyone.

All of the examinees to abruptly rushed into the battle centre. Y/n bolted to join them.

Mom, dad, I'll get into U.A... I'll become a hero.

I'll do you proud.